Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Koenigsegg > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Koenigsegg Info

http://www.koenigsegg.com/

Christian von Koenigsegg grew up with the dream of creating the perfect sportscar. After several years of planning he launched the Koenigsegg project in 1993. Designer David Craaford provided a design concept following Christian’s guidelines. A tight-knit group of competent people was gathered and a prototype was assembled, the success of which enabled the foundation of Koenigsegg Automotive Ltd.

In the year 2000 Koenigsegg started the series-production of the CC 8S model. It proved to the world that it was indeed possible for a small and dedicated group of enthusiasts to rival the old established supercar brands.

In the spring of 2004 Koenigsegg launched the CCR, a vehicle that leaves all others behind. The Koenigsegg headquarters is now in a large Fighter Jet facility, which houses 30 full time staff plus several extras.

They include 4 engineers, 3 R&D staff, 4 composite technicians, 4 pre- assembly staff, 2 engine assembly staff, 5 final assembly staff, 2 storage staff and 5 at PR, sales, administration and leadership. Extra personnel are called in when needed, usually for development purposes. Presently 7 vehicles can be assembled simultaneously, with 4 stations in the pre-assembly hall and 3 in the final assembly hall.

A large network of suppliers and partners is tied to Koenigsegg, most of which are based in Sweden. Many are small companies and craftsmen that produce low volumes of high quality components. Both the assembly and the manufacture of the components is very labour intensive (e.g. all 300+ carbonfibre parts that make up each car), and the materials are without exception very costly. This is the reason for the high price of a Koenigsegg.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Re: Koenigsegg Info

Good information Jay... Thats what I love so much about these cars. Christian von Koenigsegg is deffinately my top role model, along with Felix Wankel... For the simple reason that they both have lived, what I hope to one day accomplish.

One designed an engine that has never been even dreamt of, by the age of 11 in 1913. And had the engine sold by the age of 19, to Toyo Kogyo who is now modern day Mazda. The engine has been used in Mazda cars, and other smaller companies cars for over 50 years now.

The other designed a revolutionary sports car with a group of a few people, and a lot of dedication to their cause. A dream that was relized, and it was a dream that changed the way people look at what an Exotic Car should be.

Both have lived my dreams, and that is why I am so die-hard about these Koenigsegg's... They are more than a car in my eyes, and although I will more than likely never own a Koenigsegg CC, I can still admire that car, and the story from a distance.

I hope some other people share the same passion as I

Once again, great info Jay!

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #3
crayzayjay
CFA

What Christian von Koenigsegg has achieved is certainly something to be respected and admired. He and Horacio Pagani each worked painstakingly hard for over a decade to transform their dreams into reality, and their respective creations are both credible competitors to Ferrari and Porsche's top end models, which can only be a good thing for future supercar design. Long may their success continue.

This is not 'Nam, this is AF. There are rules.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Just a useless bit of info.... I know a guy from Sweden whos sister lives next to the barn where they were first developed.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:51 AM   #5
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
Re: Re: Koenigsegg Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzayjay
What Christian von Koenigsegg has achieved is certainly something to be respected and admired. He and Horacio Pagani each worked painstakingly hard for over a decade to transform their dreams into reality, and their respective creations are both credible competitors to Ferrari and Porsche's top end models, which can only be a good thing for future supercar design. Long may their success continue.
Lest we not forget the great Steve Saleen. Also worth an honorable mention to the latest of great automotive designers/engineers.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #6
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Deffinately Blindside... But my respect for him is far less... Seeming as he works with Fords

Just kidding...

-Wes

Old 12-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

u have to give credit to steve saleen and i rate the s7 as one of the MY favorite cars

Past Z Car Crew

-josh
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 AM   #8
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

I give Steve Saleen mad props... Along with Horacio Pagina, Christian von Koenigsegg, Felix Wankel, etc etc... Because they reached their dreams, and because they share the same dream as I do.

Thats why I respect these guys so much...

-Wes

Old 01-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

I think every supercar maker really builds up thier dream from nothing. Enzo Ferrari came a long way from the working class boy from Modena, same with Bruce McLaren, who really was New Zealands Enzo Ferrari.

Pagani, Saleen and von Koenigsegg are all modern day Enzos and Bruces, all built amazing cars, all deserve our respect.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Koenigsegg > General Discussion