Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
PorterMcManus
AF Newbie

Tranny shifting from 4th to 3d...

Hi. Just bought a 1985 635...bought on ebay, flew cross-country to wyoming to drive it back with my girlfriend...we were going to make a nice 2-week vacation out of it (we live in massachusetts). Car didnt make it 50 miles before the tranny went...tranny goes from 4th to 3d inexplicably, then down into 2, and won't go back up....seller defrauded me and i am now suing him. ebay bailed out on their buyback program because i didn't file witin 35 days (didn't even know about problem for 40 days due to arranging for travel, etc)...A TIP, DO NOT TRUST EBAY! THEY ARE CROOKS AND THIEVES! THEY PAY OUT ON LESS THAN 1% OF CLAIMS FILED UNDER THEIR BUYBACK PROGRAM...THEY ARE AN EVIL, EVIL COMPANY) Anyway, off my soapbox...any ideas what the problem is with the tranny? lots of people telling me i need a whole new box, but some say it's as simple as a kickdown cable or an ecu problem. Anyone know enough about this to comment??? Thanks
PorterMcManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
DieInterim
AF Regular

Re: Tranny shifting from 4th to 3d...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterMcManus
Hi. Just bought a 1985 635...bought on ebay, flew cross-country to wyoming to drive it back with my girlfriend...we were going to make a nice 2-week vacation out of it (we live in massachusetts). Car didnt make it 50 miles before the tranny went...tranny goes from 4th to 3d inexplicably, then down into 2, and won't go back up....seller defrauded me and i am now suing him. ebay bailed out on their buyback program because i didn't file witin 35 days (didn't even know about problem for 40 days due to arranging for travel, etc)...A TIP, DO NOT TRUST EBAY! THEY ARE CROOKS AND THIEVES! THEY PAY OUT ON LESS THAN 1% OF CLAIMS FILED UNDER THEIR BUYBACK PROGRAM...THEY ARE AN EVIL, EVIL COMPANY) Anyway, off my soapbox...any ideas what the problem is with the tranny? lots of people telling me i need a whole new box, but some say it's as simple as a kickdown cable or an ecu problem. Anyone know enough about this to comment??? Thanks
I have been screwed on large purchases on ebay, however I would never buy a car that I could not see or drive.

Stupid question: When you check your fluid level is the car warm, running, and in park.

BTW: You will not win against ebay; you did not act within the contractual agreement. I am so sorry for your being e-screwed.

Blake

Last edited by DieInterim; 11-25-2005 at 08:35 PM.
DieInterim is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series