Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422
New 6 Series, WOW!

It's,......It's,.......It's BEAUTIFUL! WOW the styling is outsanding !!!
By far, my favorite Beamer.

Dont you all aggree?!?!
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: New 6 Series, WOW!

Its no 6 seriese thats for sure.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
zimhunter
AF Newbie

645 Beauty in eye of beholder

I suppose I'm a majority of one but I really don't like the 645. Somehow it just does not capture me or my imagination. Especially with the 19" shiny wheels and skinny tires. I had an 81 633 with 14"BBS's and now have an 85 635 with 15" BBS's and much prefer these to the 645. The new 3's are nice but sorry bout the 645. To me a 6 will always be a 63?.
zimhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Brianjw
AF Newbie

Re: 645 Beauty in eye of beholder

I've got to agree. The 645 does nothing for me. I think Car and Drive said it best in their review of the new 645-based M6, when they said it looked like "an angry catfish". This is all just my opinion of course, but i find most new BMW's leave me cold. My last "new" one, was a 2001 330ci convertible. I loved it, and sometimes miss it. I'm now also disliking the new 3-series, which looks like a Subaru. If Subaru were making it (at Subaru prices!), i might consider it. Thanks for humoring me and my comments.
Brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
DieInterim
AF Regular

Re: Re: 645 Beauty in eye of beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjw
I've got to agree. The 645 does nothing for me. I think Car and Drive said it best in their review of the new 645-based M6, when they said it looked like "an angry catfish". This is all just my opinion of course, but i find most new BMW's leave me cold. My last "new" one, was a 2001 330ci convertible. I loved it, and sometimes miss it. I'm now also disliking the new 3-series, which looks like a Subaru. If Subaru were making it (at Subaru prices!), i might consider it. Thanks for humoring me and my comments.
Strong opinion here.....

I think the new BMW styling is the cause for a droop in sales. Compared to the original 6er it is plain and ugly in my opinion. When I see them on the road I say "Toyota Solara". When I compare pictures of the Toyota and the BMW I say "BMW copied Toyota".

I have seen many and I thought that over time I would grow to like it; that is not the case. Its a car for women; I want something aggresive.

IMHO,
Blake

Last edited by DieInterim; 12-20-2005 at 07:10 PM.
DieInterim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
Brianjw
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 645 Beauty in eye of beholder

Blake, glad i'm not the only one that sees the striking similarity between the 645, and the Toyota Solara. What is up with BMW? I think it's really sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieInterim
Strong opinion here.....

I think the new BMW styling is the cause for a droop in sales. Compared to the original 6er it is plain and ugly in my opinion. When I see them on the road I say "Toyota Solara". When I compare pictures of the Toyota and the Solara I say "BMW copied Toyota".

I have seen many and I thought that over time I would frow to like it; that is not the case. Its a car for women; I want something aggresive.

IMHO,
Blake
Brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #7
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Re: Re: Re: 645 Beauty in eye of beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieInterim
Strong opinion here.....

I think the new BMW styling is the cause for a droop in sales. Compared to the original 6er it is plain and ugly in my opinion. When I see them on the road I say "Toyota Solara". When I compare pictures of the Toyota and the BMW I say "BMW copied Toyota".

I have seen many and I thought that over time I would grow to like it; that is not the case. Its a car for women; I want something aggresive.

IMHO,
Blake
Sales droop? You do realize that BMW just overtook Benz as the #1 premium make worldwide...

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #8
DieInterim
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: 645 Beauty in eye of beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanM3_S2
Sales droop? You do realize that BMW just overtook Benz as the #1 premium make worldwide...
Let me clarify sales droop. The new 6er is way behind sales forcasts and transmission issues are not helping it at all.

Merecedes is in trouble and is even considering selling Diamler Chrysler to pay its bills. Funny that they would because Chrysler made a profit this year. Keep in mind why BMW is selling tons of 3's, and mini's, which I think are nice designs but account for the majority of sales; not the flagships. Mercedes are over priced and are losing ground quickly. Hell I'll never own a modern Mercedes after that crappy E320 I owned for a year.

I love my BMW's, but I certainly am not a fan of the Bangle designs. A recently prediction was made about the future of cars - VW, GM, and Toyota may be the only survivors...

Blake
Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

1st- mini sales arn't included in the BMW total sales, that study only focused on BMW as a marque, not a company.

If you had asked me a few years ago what I though of Bangle I would have said I hated him, but the E90 looks good, and might even end up better looking then the E46 after they give it its facelift in a few years. The restyled 750Li is far better looking then the 745Li, and is probably one of the best looking cars in the segment. I'm not a huge fan of the 6-series convertable, but the coupe looks great. Hopefully its mechanical issues will be solved in the new 650Ci. The regular 5-series doesn't look as good as the old E39, but the black E60 M5 I saw the other day looked great. The M5 almost completely makes up for the 525i, 530i, and 545i/550i. The X3 needs a resyle badly.

Even with Bangle's styling, BMW sales are way up compared to the previous generation. I have little fear that BMW will go under, at least that arn't showing any signs right now.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #10
DieInterim
AF Regular

Re: New 6 Series, WOW!

[I have little fear that BMW will go under, at least that arn't showing any signs right now.]

I have to back you up there. I would really be sad to see BMW go as well as many other makes. Mercedes on the other hand, has enjoyed a reputation that was more marketing than car, I.M.H.O., whereas BMW continues to make thrilling cars.

On another note: I am sure you've seen the video of the SUPER M3 tearing up the Nürburgring, however di you ever see the record setting kit car at Nürburgring recently? Based on the Lotus Super 7 and powered by a Suzuki Hayabusa engine, that little car was bewildering quick. Cars like this are going to be an alternative to the ho-hum car market, soon.

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/company/index.html

Cheers,
Blake

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series