Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Commercial Trucks
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
7.3Turbo
AF Newbie

Talking nobody must not no anyting about Diesels

u all suck if you don'nt no anything about diesels
7.3Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
97chevyman
AF Enthusiast

Re: nobody must not no anyting about Diesels

Hey now, i know queit a bit about diesels. If you are on this board asking this question about diesels, then you mustent be to knowlegable in the same feild you are accusing others of not having knowledge pertaining to??
97chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
pind
AF Regular

Talking Re: nobody must not no anyting about Diesels

Having been a diesel mechanic for the last 20 years or so, I actually do know a great deal about them. On the other hand, so far, Ford diesel is still an oxymoron. ( and I don't mean a dumb farm animal )

Until you get into the bigger Fords, you are pretty much stuck with the jokestroke. Or its family, the 6.9 and the 7.3 na, and that mid 94 7.3 turbo. Any way you look at it, I guess I am the nobody that must not no anyting about diesels. Tech tip from an old pro. Go back to English class.

Last edited by pind; 03-19-2004 at 09:25 PM.
pind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
moparboy99
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to moparboy99

hey I've been a diesel mechanic for a few years and probly know more about diesel than you 7.3turbo and I thinck that there are alot of good techs out there that know a hell of alot about them and youneed to think if it weren't for these people you whouldn't be able to get anything at your store because noone would have a truck that would run. so don't say that people suck because we probly know more about it than you ok
moparboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
Doug Rodrigues
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Doug Rodrigues
Talking

Hummmm....what do I know about diesels? Lets see....the old GMC 71 series with the dry bottoms have a tendency to crack at the bottom of the block. The later model 71 series with full water jackets don't have that problem. .010, .020, and .030 cylinder sleeves NOT made by GMC are trash! The counter bore for the sleeves is .477 to .479". Sleeves should be a push fit. They shouldn't just drop-in, nor should the by hammered-in.

The GMC "ToroFlow" (usually found in old garbage trucks) should all be melted down and casted into something other than the "Terrible Flow" that they are known as. I've sleeved many "Terrible Flow" engine blocks.

Caterpillar small block diesels: Many develop pin holes in the cylinder walls which required someone like me to sleeve the cylinder.

A high percentage of Cummins 350 crank rod journals get hammered-out by 150,000 miles if the rod journal bearings aren't replaced each 100,000 miles or so. Unlike automotive engines, truck engines should go 300,000 or more between rebuilds.

Jake brakes: If you don't have one, you'll wish that you did on the next steep hill because diesels don't have much engine braking power. Those exhaust brakes sold to motorhome owners?......just about worthless.

Automotive engine blocks converted to diesel: Somebody's idea of a bad joke.

Okay 7.3 Turbo, now we all want to know what YOU know about diesels?
Doug Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #6
yukon2002
AF Newbie

Those exhaust brakes sold to motorhome owners?......just about worthless.

I've got a Cummins 350 with a Pac Brake which basically is butterfly valve on the exhaust. Without it I have absolutly no braking. It works great!
yukon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
frankendart
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to frankendart Send a message via Yahoo to frankendart
"nobody must not no anyting about Diesels"
(Post #1)
"u all suck if you don'nt no anything about diesels"

Well, it seems you know less about spelling and grammer than you do about diesels.

"nobody must not no anything about Diesels"
Should read: Does anyone know anything about Diesels?

The word "no" is the opposite of yes, the work "know" indicates knowledge ( you might have noticed that "knowledge" begins with the word "KNOW", and, the word "don't" is spelled with one 'n'.

Not to mention the correct spelling of the word "you", and that sentences begin with capitol letter, and end with some sort of punctuation mark.

SUCK-SQUEEZE-BANG-BLOW!!!!
It's just how things work!

I own 4 Fords, 3 Chevies, 3 Saturns, 2 GMC's, and 2 Dodges... So tell me about your brand loyalty.
frankendart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
dougger222
AF Regular

Location: Hobby farm in New Richland, city home in Maplewood, Minnesota

Hey, I know a little having owned the F250 for 4 years racking up 150K of the 195K miles.
The Excursion has been owned for 2 years my wife and I have racked up 47K of the 147K miles on it.
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #339 of 500 all original with Recaros
1986 Shelby GLHS #284 of 500 restored to original
1965 Ford Mustang 289 V8 pony interior 4brl carb
Cars sold or parted out in a 3 month period,
2-85 GLHT's, 2-88 Shelby Z's, 87 Shelby Z, 88 Lancer Shelby, 2 85 Shelby Chargers, 89 Shelby Daytona
dougger222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #9
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Why are we resurrecting old threads, especially one started by the mentally retarded??
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #10
asemstr
AF Enthusiast

Haveing exsperienced life as a Ford diesal master, I'll just say when you can make a 6.0 Poorstroke run right ... then you can run your mouth about our inferiority!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #11
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Turbo
u all suck if you don'nt no anything about diesels
this is possibly the most pointless and stupid thread/post ever made.

are you stupid or is this a new method of postwhoring ?

for christ's sake grown up will you ?

EDIT: i just saw you're a noob, you really deserve to be banned for making such pointless threads/posts an saying stupip things like "you all suck if you dont know anything about diesels"
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
Brandon Archer
AF Newbie

hahah im 18 years old and i know about as much as most of this ppl, now granted im more into performance but i can tell you the basics on fixing it. but for performance i can tell u just about anything u need to know, but before the 7.3 there was a 6.9l and then came the 7.3 IDI none turbo in i think 1988 i cant remeber but then came the 7.3 powerstroke in 92 witch did come with a turbo and they had that motor all the way up to 02 and then in 03 they had the 6.0L everyone thinks these motors are crap because from what they heard about them in 03, Ford had them tuned to high and it burnt the pistions, but they had that motor for 03 all the way to 06 i think and in 07 they had the badass and best looking truck to me i think with the 6.4L powerstroke but of course first year they had problems with the bottom end going out but they had that motor from 07 to 2010 and in 2011 models they dropped international because they couldnt meet emistions, see what yall dont realize is the reason for changeing most motors is because of emisions and its a bummer but life goes on, but now we have the badass 6.7L powerstroke that is a complet awsome motor, they are really reliable but they have this wator substence that cleans the muffler and if u remuve this it will void the warrenty and the motor will stop running. but Ford did a great thing when they put a locker in the front and rear of this truck
Brandon Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
Vejita88
Camaro Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Vejita88

Damn 7.3Turbo, were you just trying to piss people off? if so, congrats, you succeeded.
Vejita88 is offline   Reply With Quote