Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
B1600 Maniac
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to B1600 Maniac
Question !973 Mazda B1600 Restoration

I am presently restoring my 1973 B1600 truck that I purchased new 40 years ago. It has been through many phases and is finally getting the attention it deserves.
Engine is .020" over, Isky reground cam, compression upped, minor flow work, balanced with a Flowmaster muffler.
Later model 5-speed manual transmission installed with only a transmission cross-member mounting change.
Stayed with the stock 4:375 rear gear. Heavier spring rate, larger front stabilizer bar, added rear sway bar and 245-60-14 BFG tires. Handles like a go-cart. Pisses off many sports cars...
Bucket seat with aluminum diamond plate floor, door and kink panels. Insulation under the flooring.
Been buying many spare parts for it on eBay.
Have dismantled several Mazda and Courier trucks for spare parts. Even have a rare 1769 cc VC engine. Hard to find parts for that!
Right now for my 1600, I am trying to locate forged flat top pistons (OEM preferably STD to .040" over) and stock accelerator cables. Anybody out there with knowledge of obtaining those?
Will post pictures later.
B1600 Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter