Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tundra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
1prouddad
AF Newbie

2006 Toyota Tundra rim center cap

Hello all. Can anyone provide me any tips on installing a new center cap on my 2006 Toyota Tundra? The local tire store broke the first one while trying to reinstall it back on the rim. Although it was an obvious error on their part, they tried to claim I negligently maintained the vehicle and let the rim cap corrode and rust. The manager capitulated after I wiped away the brown rim dust and pointed out the part in question was plastic. I went back today to pick up the part however they refused to install it. Apparently, they refuse to do further business with customers who escalate 3 or more complaints to management.

Anyways, I held it up to the rim and fit seemed unusually tight so before I beat it into submission and risk breaking the prongs on the back I thought I would check to see if there are any special tricks or tips other than "center and push hard". The part in question is c32c-toy which is the center cap on the TX edition 20 in rims.

Thanks in advance.
1prouddad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tundra