Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
myfirstsix
AF Newbie

Question my first six

Hi!

I purchase my '83 633CSi in Vancouver (west coast) about 8 months ago and i've only driven it about 10 times since because i moved and had to leave it behind 7 months ago...finally it is being delivered to me next week!

The car is completely stock from the 14" trx wheels up with 215,000 Kilometeres on it (about 145k Miles). It has little rust except for the usual suspects (front fenders near hood, insde bottom of door). It had one owner who had it dealership maintained..he finally gave it away as a christmass present!

My questions have more to do with "what would you do if you had to it all over again" with respect to modifying it from stock.

On my list are temps sensors, alarm/keyless entry , new muffler, new wheels (17 or 18?), suspension (lower it? how much?). New lights? Air filter? Anything else?? Mod chips?? It needs to have the steering tightened, maybe even some new arms? I have found it hard to find anything for it in Toronto, Canada. Any ideas fellow sixers? I need help prioritising!

Summer's here, can't wait to take her for a tour.

Thanks,
Manny
myfirstsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
myfirstsix
AF Newbie

Question more questions!

Hey, thanks for the information. What about epsiloid headlights left and rigth taken out of an 88 m6 show car?? I found a pair for sale and he is asking about $175.00 US. I may be able to a talk him down, he selling the bulbs with them too. He said it would be a great upgrade to for my car.

I also found a pair of 18" Alpina replicas with 245/18 Falken's on them for 1250.00 US from Highline Wheels. I think it's a pretty decent deal?

Have you heard of Hamburg Technic for replacement BMW parts? They have a complete E24 Front Control Arm Suspension Package (4 Control Arms 2 Tie Rods 2 Sway Bar Links 1 Idler Arm) all for 299.99 US. I tried researching the company online but did not find much.

My list of things to do is growing both in lenght and bottom line!! : )

Thanks for any info!
Manny
myfirstsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
boriq1
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Hamburg Technic

I too am a 1st time BMW owner, 1991 525i. I redid the front end using a Hamburg Technic kit. They appeared to be of a high quality construction and finish. They installed easily and have been giving excellent service for about 5 months now. I purchased mine over the web from FCP Groton. I had a minor problem with shipping due to a mistake in my Postal Zip, this was quickly and courteously resolved.
Time will tell but so far all is working well.
boriq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
DieInterim
AF Regular

Re: more questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstsix
Hey, thanks for the information. What about epsiloid headlights left and rigth taken out of an 88 m6 show car?? I found a pair for sale and he is asking about $175.00 US. I may be able to a talk him down, he selling the bulbs with them too. He said it would be a great upgrade to for my car.

I also found a pair of 18" Alpina replicas with 245/18 Falken's on them for 1250.00 US from Highline Wheels. I think it's a pretty decent deal?

Have you heard of Hamburg Technic for replacement BMW parts? They have a complete E24 Front Control Arm Suspension Package (4 Control Arms 2 Tie Rods 2 Sway Bar Links 1 Idler Arm) all for 299.99 US. I tried researching the company online but did not find much.

My list of things to do is growing both in lenght and bottom line!! : )

Thanks for any info!
Manny
Replacing your headlights will be a waste of time unless you replace the headlight wires too. Once you replace the wires with fresh 10 guage you will see a difference. Its not too hard really as the wires enter into the bottom of the fusebox.

I use Bavauto or Turner as my last alternative; I get quality parts from Steve Haygood and I $ave.

Blake
DieInterim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
eurogarage
AF Newbie

Re: my first six

I have used & Sold Hamburg Technic Many Times, Great Product ! I have my own a 528 with 50,000 Miles on the New Front end Set from them & still running strong.
Many times its the same as Lemfoerder. Would highly recomment it.
Bav Auto Also sells them & So does FCP Groton & many others....
eurogarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
jasonf8
Banned

jasonf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
jasonf8
Banned

jasonf8 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD