Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 8 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 04:45 AM   #16
Mshaffer
AF Newbie

850CSi

If your want to know ALL there is to know about the 8 series, particularly the 850CSi then you have to check out the following site: http://www.e31.net This guy has done his homework. Pics, specs, video and even tutorials on Torque vs. HP.
Mshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 03:11 PM   #17
hakka
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 850 Ci
Uh the change to the 850 Ci was a general change in all cars in the world. it was not suro spec, and mostly none of the 8 seriews made had euro only specs. the only difference i noticed in teh 8 series form Na and Europe is the M mirrors on the 850 CSi's.
I know that they weren't euro cars, this is just where they were manufactured. They were imported as NA spec vehicles. I was just saying that there are not many on the continent, not that these were euro specification. There are only about 4000 8 series cars on this side of the atlantic, and the late model 5.0 Ci's were even more rare.

btw, what color is your 850? any mods? its good to see fellow 8ers on these boards
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #18
850 Ci
AF Newbie

k i have a black 96 850 Ci, uh no mods have been done to it because i live in canada and i havent relaly thought about it. I wanna do sum dinan tuning on it liek exhaust/intake manifolds, chip , and find sum smoked rear lights or euro as well as clear side indicators but im pretty sure they dont make em
Old 03-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #19
hakka
AF Enthusiast

I actually wanted a black/black but I couldn't pass up the deal that I got on this one. For tuning, I highly recommend a Conforti chip. Out of all the engine work I've done, this has given the biggest difference. I believe they give more power then the Dinan chip, and they are cheaper as well. If you haven't upgraded the tires yet, do it!! This makes an amazing difference. With the chip and tires alone I am running below six seconds 0-60 (according to G-Tech) when stock I was running 6.7. IMO, this is the ultimate bang for the buck combo.

If you haven't been to the www.roadfly.org forum yet, go there. Ask about the lights, somebody will know.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:21 PM   #20
850 Ci
AF Newbie

hey thanks. Wut type of tires should i get and wut type a rims?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #21
hakka
AF Enthusiast

For good wheels and a good price, I'd go with either BMW M Parallels (made by BMW, but available on the aftermarket) or any type of Breytons. Both are available for around $1000 USD a set. For tires, I would go with Bridgestone Potenzas.

If you don't mind spending $3000+ on wheels, go with AC/Schnitzers or Hamanns on Pirelli P-Zero Nero's.

Here is a pic of my car with the M Parallels and Potenzas. I'm also planning on upgrading to bigger cross-drilled rotors and painted calipers. Please excuse how dirty it is, they're paving my street at the moment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheels.jpg (77.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 03-20-2003, 02:51 PM   #22
850 Ci
AF Newbie

ahah that dirty!!! u should see mine right now. well it is ok if i use michellin tires, cuz that wut i normally use. thanks. Yea those tires are nice.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #23
hakka
AF Enthusiast

yeah, Michelin Pilot Sports would be great. I couldn't decide between the two...I just picked the Potenzas because I liked the look of the tread pattern more.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #24
850 Ci
AF Newbie

Uh i have these new summer tires, and yea i had those old ones with the square type pattern, and they wore away quick. The new ones are curvy instead of those squares
Old 04-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #25
850 auto x
AF Newbie

u guys are all tards

m-technic did make a model of the 8-series, but it wasn't called the m8... it was called the m1, and it was very limited.
850 auto x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #26
chootspah2
AF Newbie

Re: M8 Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakka
No, this Polish kid does not own an M8. There was only one ever made, by BMW's M division. You may be referring to an 850csi, though. The csi is basically the M of the 8 series. It actually is an M car, just not by name. It was assembled in the M factory and it has M engine covers, door handles, wheels, etc. They are even considered an M car by the M club of America. The M8, however, was a one-off with a lightweight kevlar body, wider wheels, and various performance upgrades. It was painted bright orange.

Even if it was a csi, it is still a very rare car...only about 450 were improted to the US. Even a regular 8 is fairly rare, with only about 4000 in the country.

Hi there
I have just joined and read your article re; the M8
About 3 months ago there was a second hand M8's for sale
It was Canary Yellow and 68000 Euro;'s
It was in the Germany ebay website
So. I guess there must have been more than 1
It really looked terrific
Im sorry I didnt download the foto

Chootspah (london)
chootspah2 is offline   Reply With Quote