Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #46
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: VR4 vs SS/SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701-3000GT
who is the one sounding like they are 12?
im done with you bro.
That would be you.

Only reason you are "done" is because you know I am right.

I've been around the 3s world since you were in middle school. I know what they are capable of.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #47
701-3000GT
AF Newbie

hahahaa
Never will i think your right in this let alone ever respect you after I see how you really are, weather i say im done or not.
I say im done because I have more important things in my life than arguing with a pompus guy from Pennsylvania that drives a stealth and i would hope you can say the same about a street race in ND that you'd like to think you know what happened.
Think what you want about your "knowledge" of LSJ's vs. VR-4s on the streets man.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #48
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701-3000GT
hahahaa
Never will i think your right in this let alone ever respect you after I see how you really are, weather i say im done or not.
I say im done because I have more important things in my life than arguing with a pompus guy from Pennsylvania that drives a stealth and i would hope you can say the same about a street race in ND that you'd like to think you know what happened.
Think what you want about your "knowledge" of LSJ's vs. VR-4s on the streets man.
This goes to show not only your own lack of knowledge, but your lack of maturity.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #49
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

Thing is, unless you actually see the exact race, you have no idea what happened. I recall a similar instance of this that got a member banned recently....

Yes, I am not bashing your knowledge of 3S at all. You sure as hell know more about cars than me and Sid combined, I would imagine. But unless you have actually witnessed a Stage two Cobalt SS with intake and HPtuners race a VR-4 with Sid's mods in ND where it is cold ALL THE TIME, helping my supercharger out with its heatsoak, you cant say that his car is tuned wrong or he is a bad driver.

There are countless variables that go on in this case, and unless you are actually there to see what happened, judgments cant be made. I am living proof that driver mod makes a massive difference, as I beat a two-step Evo 9 at the track. Sure, the kid sucked at driving, but does that make what I did not count for anything? nobody is a perfect driver. Run what you brung, and that goes for Driver mod, too.

And Sid, you did say around 400bhp at CinCity when we first went there. As that was the first number that came to my head when I thought about it, I went with that. But that really isnt the point of this argument.

Long story short, you have to see what a staged LSJ can do firsthand.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 10-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #50
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Cold air is also going to greatly help a TT car as well. Turbos love dense cold air just as much as superchargers.

Im just saying.

And also my main point was the two cars, both being properly tuned and healthy, with the mods given with equal drivers the VR4 would win.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #51
701-3000GT
AF Newbie

Im not saying i know more than you stealthee, but your job as moderator is not to insult the intelegence of your members, i dont know exactly how you think your "helping" but im not going to stop you.
My question is how do you think i have a bad tune?
And in what conceivable way do you think i screwed up from a 40 roll through second gear?
and i assure you, my car is healthy. I could care less if you beleive me or not. Im the one who drives it every day.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #52
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I am a mod of the 3s forum, not anywhere else.

I'm trying to share my knowledge and you are getting bent out of shape and taking it as an insult.

As for your tune, like I said, a TT with your mods should have won that race without an issue. There are a lot of TT owners, not unlike yourself who think there car is running perfect, but when you lose a race you otherwise whould have won it is one of two things. The driver mod, or a bad tune.

I will tell you this though when it comes to the driver mod, I am a much much much better driver now than when I was 18. Hell I am a better driver now than what I was a year ago at the age of 27. You always have room for improvement.

I'm not saying poor driving caused the loss, maybe it did, but I wasnt there to see it. If it wasnt driver error then its going to be car error.

Do you see what I am getting at now?

You can keep thinking your car is healthy and has a perfect tune and keep losing races you should win. Thats your perogative.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #53
701-3000GT
AF Newbie

I realize what your trying to say
but the whole issue is you need to realize, im not a noob to these cars and i know how it should be pulling,it seems you doubt that soooo much. now at that time i was having boost issues which has been known this entire time, that could have been a major factor.
The issue i think is that you may be underestimating the SS from a roll, not looking at track times where SS's get raped by the AWD 3/S's.
and the other fact of us only going through second gear, nothing more, nothing less, literally no way to make a driver error unless you swerve or do something completly unecessary. it was dead even.
we will go again, and record it, and you can see for yourself.
and im not concerned at all with your opinions on how my street races go.
though you obviously think differently
Ive raced other cars and done what is said should be
S2000, audi tt, mazdaspeed 3. all killed.
you dont know the situation, the people, obviously not the cobalt, you are not needed to decide a race.
and as ive said before, you show me the race with the same circumstances and show it turning out as you've said it should and ill admit something went terribley wrong that everybody there that night was totally oblivious to.

Last edited by 701-3000GT; 10-26-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #54
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

Good point on the other kills, Sid. I have also killed cars I didnt think I should.

R32 for example. And there is the case of the LS1 I/E that I was less than a car behind through 110.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #55
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Holy crap this thread has exploded! Now, before we go about pulling out knives and guns, let's take one step back lol. I never said you were a bad driver, I said it was a possibility that one or the other could have been the better driver that race. Believe me, anyone can screw up. Check out my thread of me racing a Mustang GT. And Stealthee is the most knowledgable person on AF about 3/S's and one of the most knowledgable on 3si. From what I saw, he was trying to give constructive criticism. And yes, your car can seem to run fine when it pulls strong and there is no boost cut or anything. However, it still may not be to its full potential. Have you hooked up a datalogger to see how much knock you are getting at 14.5psi? Have you had your car tuned ever? These are just some things to keep in mind and since you bought your car like this from another person I would definately get it checked out even if they gave you their word. And understand, we are just going off of what we have seen out of countless other people have posted on 3si and such....and even what we have seen in person. Truth be told, I don't care if you win or lose. We were just trying to get to the basis of it. And honestly, we were doing it just fine until this last little eruption occured.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #56
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

LOOK, he made an observation on the information he had which he had no reason to doubt. Perhaps he was misinformed, perhaps he's right. That's not the point. The point is, lighten the hell up and don't take things so damn personally. You need to realize when someone is just trying to help. Let's just forget this thread, I've let it go on long enough.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing