Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 05:11 PM   #1
3000Star
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3000Star Send a message via Yahoo to 3000Star
Question tirerack.com good or bad

ok i need new front tires and i dont have hundreds of dollars to spend so i heard from someone that tirerack is a good place with good prices and a wide selection..so i wanted to know if any of you guys have bought tires from here and the tire that i am looking at is a Yokohama AVS ES1000 they look alot like the F1 tires... i would get two more of the same tires i have already but there about 50bucks more and there mich. pilots....so any input we be greatly helpfull...and i wanna get them in the next few days
3000Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: tirerack.com good or bad

I think it's awesome...I buy all my tires, my family's tires, and my girlfriend's tires there. I highly recommend it. Someone else just recommended another site...I think it was Linebacker, and the site was like discountires.com or directires.com or something like that...check the last few pages of posts and look for a thread about tires, or it might even be in the Off topic thread. The other site apparently is a even cheaper than tirerack.com but doesn't have as large an inventory.

As far as that specific tire, I have only had good experiences with Yokohama, but I've never used that exact tire. You may want to check in the 'tires and wheels' subforum on the main page of AF...there are some very knowledgable people there...especially the moderator, "Grant@tirerack.com", he was very helpful when I was trying to decide between 4 different tires 4 my gf's car...so post a question there, and I'm sure he'll answer it in a very short time.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
3000Star
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3000Star Send a message via Yahoo to 3000Star
thanx i apprieciate it
3000Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49
Tires anyone? Ya, i just purchased a set of 4 Yokohama Avid V4S tires from discounttiredirect.com . They were cheap there ($88) than at tirerack.com. And yes, discounttiredirect doesn't have as large a selection as tirerack, but they DO offer free shipping. Mine are in transit, and when i get them and they're mounted, i'll let you guys know how i like em.

Igovert, what Yokohama's do you have/have you had on your car? I decided to go with the Yokohama Avid V4S because they had all-season great traction, even in wet weather. In addition, they had the highest tread rating i could find at an affordable price: 500AA.

have fun tire shopping! perhaps there will be some sales on Friday (after Thanksgiving) at tire sale retailers.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:58 AM   #5
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: tirerack.com good or bad

I had hte Avid H4s...I think...on my honda, and had no complaints....although they outlasted my car...so take that for what it's worth
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth