Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
jameschang
AF Newbie

Best Headturner for under 40k

What's everyone opinion on what car makes people turn and stare in a good way the most? This is somewhat practical as I am looking for a car, but I am more just curious.

Criterias are:

Has to be stock, no mods
New for under $45k (U.S.) or $55k (CDN)
Can actually be bought without trouble (ex. no imported Fiats, or Peugeots)

In other words what cars do girls find sexy?

I am thinking 350z, G35 coupe, Eclipse, Mustang, Boxster, 330CI, and the new SLK (yes, it use to be a girly car....not so much anymore)

I swear if girls didn't like cars, I would continue driving my '99 Civic....yes I know how stupid that sounds, but it's true.

BTW I really leaning towards purchasing a G35 coupe, but can someone tell me why WHY does it cost $47k in Canada, but only $29k in the U.S? I mean the conversion rate is very good right now, so that's not it.

Thanks everyone for you opinions.
jameschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
jameschang
AF Newbie

Re: Best Headturner for under 40k

Oh, I just realized this, thought I'd post it.

Top Gear in their September issue did a "Top 100 Sexiest Cars" of course this includes classic cars but the results are still interesting.

The only car still being produced and cost under $45k is the Nissan 350Z ranked 99th; not bad considering #100 is the original Porsche 911 S, while #98 the Maserati Ghibli Coupe.

The top 9:
RR Phantom
BMW M1
Bentley Continental S1 Fastback
'61 Lincoln Continental
Citroen C6
Chevy Camaro - Z/28 with RS body
Maserati Quattroporte
Aston Martin DB5
Cinquecento 500

If you have read the issue, you'll see why I didn't inclue #10, and I don't agree with #1
Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
del
móddə rąytər

my own experience with my female friends and colleagues, convertibles. any convertible from a miata to an SL55. S2000, A4/S4 cabriolet, 3-series convertible, the SLK, even mustang and toyota solara convertibles seem to turn their heads.

just a personal opinion which others may share, why you would spend $45k-$55k on a car just to impress women is just to me. again, my own opinion.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
markothemechanics (06-18-2016)
Old 09-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Could always get a Boxster S, that's my solution to everything (Even if it means getting one with a few k's on the clock).

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

chicks dont care about cars, they care about the money it took to buy the car, and most are pretty car-ignorant so they assume convertibles are more expensive. the more expensive the car is the more they like it. they dont care what it looks like or especially how fast it is.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

i would go with an NSX.

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
MetalHeadZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
jameschang
AF Newbie

Del - I totally agree that buying a car simply to impress girls is stupid, and pretty crazy, but women make us men crazy sometimes.

But I am not buying the car "just" to impress girls; I gotta get rid of the Civic and looking to buy a car; I finally saved up enough money after I finished university that I can afford something nice...so I figure why not?

Yes, convertibles are nice, but being from Toronto they're not that practical; but since when is a 350z, or M coupe practical either? I have test driven a few convertibles; mainly the G6, SLK, and Lexus LS, because of their hardtops, but other than the G6 they're expensive, but damn....are they nice.

Keep the opinion coming! Thanks!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschang
Del - I totally agree that buying a car simply to impress girls is stupid, and pretty crazy, but women make us men crazy sometimes.
They dont make me that crazy

I would say get a used E46 M3. Girls are always drawn to BMW, plus its an amazing machine
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadZaid
i would go with an NSX.
good luck getting one new for under $45K. i think they're almost $90K brand new.

my vote goes to either the new lexus IS350,

G35 coupe

or a lotus elise

but if you really wanna turn heads for cheap just get a sportbike.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
PlayStation3
AF Enthusiast

if you want an car to turn heads get the elise if you want a track car get an elise. and if you want a car that will get some viagina then get an elise.
PlayStation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:50 PM   #11
jameschang
AF Newbie

Yeah I did see an NSX today, made ME turn my head, hehe, very nice car, but like the response before....can't find one for 45k, unless I buy early or mid 90's....but that's just crazy and fantasy thinking.

I have actually been in a Lotus Esprit....but I was too young, and didn't appreciate it. I wish I was in one now! Damn....I remember I was like "whoa this car is fast" then I almost pissed myself when someone told me I could ride shotgun (I was 17 at the time, didn't have enough driving experience to actually take the wheel).

As for a bike, season here ends in about a month; you can only insure up to October (maybe Nov) in Ontario.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
jameschang
AF Newbie

Damn...well put Playstation3
Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
jameschang
AF Newbie

Crappy, just checked out Canada's version of the U.S. DMV website, and they won't allow imported Elise, only Esprit...I personally don't like the styling of the Esprit....
Old 09-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #14
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschang
Yeah I did see an NSX today, made ME turn my head, hehe, very nice car, but like the response before....can't find one for 45k, unless I buy early or mid 90's....but that's just crazy and fantasy thinking.

I have actually been in a Lotus Esprit....but I was too young, and didn't appreciate it. I wish I was in one now! Damn....I remember I was like "whoa this car is fast" then I almost pissed myself when someone told me I could ride shotgun (I was 17 at the time, didn't have enough driving experience to actually take the wheel).

As for a bike, season here ends in about a month; you can only insure up to October (maybe Nov) in Ontario.
whats wrong with buying an older NSX? its not like your going to find one with more than 20k on the clock. you could even convert one to look like newer model and still be under 45k. i dont really see how this is fantasy thinking.

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
MetalHeadZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #15
jameschang
AF Newbie

You're right, there isn't anything wrong with owning an older model NSX. It's true that finding one with only a little bit of k's is easy. But since I would probably drive it almost everyday I would definately put clicks on it. Sigh, I guess I could always keep the Civic and buy a nicer car for the weekend and for fun, but I want to be realistic, and I don't think I can do that.

This is just my opinion, but owning a older NSX, isn't as cool as owning an older 911.

But like some of the comments above, although I don't totally agree with them, chicks sometimes do only see "how much you spent on it". Anyone seen "Swingers"?

Vince Vaughn "hi"
Hot girl "What kind of car do you drive?"
Vince Vaughn "a cavalier"
Hot girl - turns around an ignores him

LOL - great movie

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons