Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Who makes the most luxurious cars?
Bentley and Rolls Royce 17 70.83%
Other: please post below 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 05:27 PM   #16
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

S600 vs. Silver Seraph

IMO the S600 has more luxury features, better performance. The only major difference is the Silver Seraph costs a 100k more
If I had the money I would rather buy the Rolls, but I'm not going to lie and say that it's better than the S600

S600 0-60mph: 5.4 ... Silver Seraph 0-60mph: 7.0s

anybody care to :argue:
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-06-2001, 05:37 PM   #17
fahoumh
AF Newbie

You know what? I'm tired of arguing with you.....trying to convince you that Bentley and Rolls are better than the S600 is like trying to pull a battleship ashore with a Geo. But then again, what would I expect from an no-class ignoramus? You have no concept of what true luxury is.
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 05:45 PM   #18
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fahoumh
You know what? I'm tired of arguing with you.....trying to convince you that Bentley and Rolls are better than the S600 is like trying to pull a battleship ashore with a Geo. But then again, what would I expect from an no-class ignoramus? You have no concept of what true luxury is.
omg, you're an idiot. You're the one with no class. You haven't said anything that would say the Rolls is better. All you say is, oh the rolls-royce is better, period. Maybe if you showed your intelligence, and actually posted something important, that would prove the rolls is better.

like honestly you didn't give any examples of any features that the Silver Seraph has, that the S600 doesn't. While I gave lots of examples of features that the S600 has that the Silver Seraph doesn't.

Upper Beechwood, Waterloo has way more class than ghetto kitchener

I win

"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-06-2001, 09:12 PM   #19
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

No more insults, this is a final warning.

Aren't all Bentleys and Rolls Royces hand-made, while S-classes are not? If so, this could provide a reason for the exceptionally high cost. But that's not to say that the british cars are overpriced; being hand-built does provide a heavy aspect of exclusivity--it's like comparing two identical multi-million dollar homes, one located on a cliff over-looking the sea, and one in the middle of the desert. The house with the view is obviously going to cost way more, even though both are technically identical within. In other words, you get what you pay for, which is an elite stature.

However, I would still take the S600 or CL600 (Benz's REAL flagship) simply because I happen to like sleepers, and the top of the line Mercedes cars just happen to be that. Furthermore, the Rolls and Bentleys are notoriously unreliable (well what do you expect, they're british machines), but then again, if I could afford one of 'em, why would I care about upkeep cost?

Recent news has it that the Mercedes Maybach limousine is ready to be produced. Yeah, it's not a driver's car, but we ARE talking about true top-of-the-line luxury, right? For more info about the Maybach, select this thread.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:41 PM   #20
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
Furthermore, the Rolls and Bentleys are notoriously unreliable (well what do you expect, they're british machines),
I thought they were really reliable?! Didn't the first one go to like 500,000 km or miles?

I read stories somewhere that said Rolls-Royce never brakes
those were like myths though
Old 10-07-2001, 12:44 AM   #21
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
For lux I would go Bently (what else?). BUt in reality I would go BRABUS! hehe
Old 10-07-2001, 10:48 AM   #22
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Bentley Continental T Mulliner: All 679lb-ft are mine!!!!
Old 10-07-2001, 06:17 PM   #23
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I was just comparing a Mercedes S600 vs. a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
don't get fooled by the name and the price.... just concentrate on the features of each car... which one do you guys think is better? (try and ignore the price, and exclusivity ( <-- is that a word? ) of the Rolls-Royce
Old 10-08-2001, 12:27 PM   #24
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
I was just comparing a Mercedes S600 vs. a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
don't get fooled by the name and the price.... just concentrate on the features of each car... which one do you guys think is better? (try and ignore the price, and exclusivity ( <-- is that a word? ) of the Rolls-Royce
Why would you just concentrate of the features of each car? Its a car, not a toy. I mean a Ferarri F50 has NO features, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, does that make it a bad car?....you're comparing the cars as a whole not what toys they have. I mean Caddys have night vison and the S600 doesnt, so it must be a better car...right? Anyways back to the debate....if you're comparing the two as lux cars. The Rolls wins, hands down. The suspension on the S600 is tuned a lil too stiff to compete with the Rolls as a true lux car. Benz is moving there focus from pure lux to where bmw is, which is more sport-lux.......
Old 10-08-2001, 01:18 PM   #25
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182

Why would you just concentrate of the features of each car? Its a car, not a toy. I mean a Ferarri F50 has NO features, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, does that make it a bad car?....you're comparing the cars as a whole not what toys they have. I mean Caddys have night vison and the S600 doesnt, so it must be a better car...right? Anyways back to the debate....if you're comparing the two as lux cars. The Rolls wins, hands down. The suspension on the S600 is tuned a lil too stiff to compete with the Rolls as a true lux car. Benz is moving there focus from pure lux to where bmw is, which is more sport-lux.......
it's a luxury car! the features are what makes it a luxury car, so that's why we're concentrating on them. The F50 has nothing to do with it, it's a supercar... not a luxury car, so it doesn't matter what features it has. The caddy has 1 feature that the S600 doesn't, that doesn't make it a better car since the S600 has all the other features improved on.... so it doesn't even compare.
The least you could do is give a couple reasons why the Rolls wins hands down..... since the S600 is totally geared towards luxury not being very sporty. Have you ever driven an S600? how would you know that that it's alot stiffer than a Silver Seraph? I've read reviews of the Rolls being geared a little sportier because the suspension was waaay too soft in the previous generations. Yes Mercedes is moving to more sporty, but not every model in their line up is.... like i said the S600 was made for pure luxury (but it also has to have lots of power, to justify the price)
Old 10-08-2001, 02:23 PM   #26
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

it's a luxury car! the features are what makes it a luxury car, so that's why we're concentrating on them. The F50 has nothing to do with it, it's a supercar... not a luxury car, so it doesn't matter what features it has. The caddy has 1 feature that the S600 doesn't, that doesn't make it a better car since the S600 has all the other features improved on.... so it doesn't even compare.
The least you could do is give a couple reasons why the Rolls wins hands down..... since the S600 is totally geared towards luxury not being very sporty. Have you ever driven an S600? how would you know that that it's alot stiffer than a Silver Seraph? I've read reviews of the Rolls being geared a little sportier because the suspension was waaay too soft in the previous generations. Yes Mercedes is moving to more sporty, but not every model in their line up is.... like i said the S600 was made for pure luxury (but it also has to have lots of power, to justify the price)

Heres a quote for you from the Road and Track buyers guide (Jan 2001) about the Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph "There are 27 choices of body color, or simply specify your personal favorite. Regardless of hue, it will be finished with up to 10 hours of final polishing. Inside is where you want to be, cushioned in an interior this is not so much chosen from a catalog as commissioned to match you personal tastes. The sculpted and beautifully cushioned seats are finished in the finest leathers. Take your shoes off and run your toes accross the lambs-wool foot rugs. Play your fingers along the glass-smooth finish of the highly polished wood-veneer paneling. Not the magazine pockets and fold-down picnic tables in the back seat. And because we live in a modern world, check out the wide-screen satelite navigation system." heres some more...... "...thanks to an independent suspension with such modern computerized driving aids as Automatic Ride Control, and Automatic Stability Control, the latter monitoring various inputs and electronically modulating engine torque, the gearbox and the ABS to tone down overzealous driving." Im telling you right now that no benz has lambs-wool carpet, and no custom paint/interior, and it does NOT go through 10 hours of polishing before you get it...and the materials in it are no where close to the ones in the rolls.....you would never see plastic on the dash of a rolls... THAT is luxury, the only thing that i can think of that the benz has that the rolls doesnt is the Distonic Cruise Control, even then its pretty usless, cool but really its just to show off.... and by the way.... i drive a 2000 S500 quite regularly and ive driven in a S600 for a test drive... also im not alone is sayin the suspension is a tad too stiff for a lux car....if anyone has it, its one of the "Lows" in the last test of the S600 in the Car and Driver (i cant find my issue) more importantly have YOU even been in a S600? And yes. Benz'z ENTIRE line is heading toward more of a sportier drive.....have you driven the last generation S? or even the new one? we've owned both and theres a HUGE difference! Hell even the E class has a stiffer suspension. My uncle has a 96 320, and my other uncle has a '00...HUGE difference in ride..... another example....the new/old C classes.....need i say more?
Old 10-08-2001, 02:45 PM   #27
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182

have YOU even been in a S600?.....
thanks for explaining yourself... that's all i was askin for

yes i have been in an S600 one of my neighbours has a black one

I remember my original post before the threads were split said "The S600 comes close.... and the maybach will soon" when talkin about comparing the luxury of cars to Rolls-Royce and Bentley.
I would take a Rolls-Royce over an S600 (i'm not an idiot) I'm just saying that the S600 has more and better features than the Rolls so it does have more luxury attributes but the Rolls has all the polishing and exotic materials, that puts the Rolls Royce from Luxury car to Royal Car

are rolls still hand made? or did that change after BMW took them over?
Old 10-08-2001, 02:52 PM   #28
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Have you ever been in an S600? The S500 doesn't compare to an S600. The S600 was meant to be super luxury, near Rolls-Royce luxury

Can you please explain to me how the S500 "doesnt compare" to the S600 considering EVERYTHING you can get in the S600 you can get as an option on the S500.....the only obvious is the engine. Same leathers, same wood trims. Here are the options for the S500 (www.mbusa.com)
Options
Active Body Control details $2,960.00
Active Ventilated Seats/Rear details $1,565.00
Climate Control/Rear Compartment details $1,880.00
Distronic details $2,875.00
Electronic Rear Seatback details $1,825.00
Electronic Trunk Closer details $460.00
Four Place Seating Package details $5,770.00
Guard Special Protection Equipment details $76,500.00
Heated Rear Seats details $635.00
Keyless Go details $995.00
Navigation CD Collection, USA/Canada details $140.00
Parktronic System details $1,015.00
Rear Side-Windows Roller Blinds details $310.00
Tire-Pressure Monitoring System details

Here are the options for the S600
Options
Active Ventilated Seats/Rear details $930.00
Distronic details $2,875.00
Electronic Trunk Closer details $460.00
Four Place Seating Package details $3,950.00
Keyless Go details $995.00
Navigation CD Collection, USA/Canada details $140.00
Rear Side-Windows Roller Blinds details $310.00
Tire-Pressure Monitoring System details $615.00

Do yourself a favor, and at least educate yourself before you make remarks like that.....
Old 10-08-2001, 02:55 PM   #29
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

are rolls still hand made? or did that change after BMW took them over?
They're not completly hand made anymore.....they used to be hand built bumper to bumper but that took about 3 months to make one car.....so they do have some machines helping em out now....but i think the interior is still done by hand.....
Old 10-08-2001, 05:33 PM   #30
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
I once saw a thing on TV with a guy at the Aston Amrtin place hand rolling metal panels. As for the luxury comparison, I'd say RR and Bentley are overall better, but Mercedes does have better feautres, there's no doubt about it. I seen options lists and new articles about the stuff they have, how come nobody mentioned that the S600 has an "Auto Pilot" if you will, it drives the car down the highway only needign the driver to man the wheel, it controls speed, relations to other vehicles and can automatically speed up or slow down when passing. The one feature that I think RR and Benltey have over Benz (If they still make it) Is the martini refrigerator in the trunk.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons