Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Bobellen
AF Newbie

2003 Alero Fan doesn't work.

For a while now when i would turn my fan on, from off, the lights showing the air inflow, etc. fade out and i get no air intake what so ever. The light is on when the dial is switched into the off position, but when i go from level 1 and up the power dies out. Intermittently it will turn on, but often for brief moments of time. Also when it IS on i get a permanent "cruise" light that stays on however my cruise control doesnt work when this is going on. The light is just on. When it does decide to work and i turn my cruise control on it works up until my fan dies out again (they are on and off at the same times) and thus, the cruise control dies again. I took apart my heater circuit board in hopes that it would solve the problem, and for about a week it did. However it ceased to work yet again. I went and pulled one from a scrapped car to see if replacing the unit would solve the problem, but this one is not having any better luck. Any ideas, or professional opinions would be appreciated as im in dire need of heating in my car.
Bobellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Alero Fan doesn't work.

I'm thinking maybe you have an ignition switch problem. The HVAC control assy and the cruise get their power from the same leg off the ignition switch.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
schumld
AF Newbie

Did you ever figure this one out? My 2003 Alero does the same thing with my fan and cruise control, but it also affects my windows and blinkers. If my blower doesn't work I just hit the cruise control switch and window switches and it works again... same thing for when my windows or cruise control or blinkers don't work... hit the other switches and then everything else turns back on. Any ideas out there?
schumld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
genegr
AF Newbie

I just had my ignition switch replaced for the third time and now the heater fan doesn't work. I'll mention it to the mechanic and repost the results.
genegr is offline   Reply With Quote