Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #1
sclee
AF Newbie

Advertising mistake?

I have been in the market for a used GMC Sonoma. I stopped at the local GMC dealership in Livingston, Tennessee to inquire about a used Sonoma they had on their lot. The truck was advertised as a 2002 GMC Sonoma, and it had a great big 2002 logo across the windshield. The first day I went to look at the truck I took in on a test drive. It drove great, it had 33,000 miles on it and all the bells and wistles. I decided to wait until the next day before making a decision. The next day I went back to the dealership and looked the truck over very closely. I noticed that the underside of the truck was quite rusty for an 02 model. We had already discussed prices and I was ready to buy the truck but before I made the deal I requested that the sales person pull the Car Facts report for the truck. I waited around for about 30 minutes and finaly the sales person comes out with a rather confused look on his face. He runs over to the truck and is verifying the VIN number. I looked over his shoulder and I could see on the report that the truck was actually a 2000 model. The truck had spent the last 5 years in Michigan(this explains the rust) and had had four different owners in less than 33,000 miles.

Moral of the story, Always, ALWAYS, request a Car Fax Report.
sclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
Chevy4life1985
AF Enthusiast

Re: Advertising mistake?

Or you could have just checked the door jam for the year LOL.
You to read this
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...1&page=1&pp=20
Chevy4life1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences