Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #16
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Enthalpy tune or e-mance

eeesh. well a couple things. dont vent your BOV. its a big reason why your running rich. a MAFS measures the mass of air, not the pressure like a MAP system. so any air that you vent when you let off the throttle is air that has already been read by the MAFS and the fuel will be supplied for this air that just left your intake via the BOV. now recirculate that bitch like your supposed to. second, i hope you told enthalpy about your z32 MAFS. if you didnt, you need a retune. they operate at different levels, so your ECU wont be able to read one if it thinks its the other. thirdly, i hope your knock sensor isnt bad, but if it is i believe courtesyparts.com stocks em.

btw anyone who drives a nissan should know about courtesyparts.com
factory nissan parts that might be hard to get from many local dealerships, depending on where you live.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
perrenial151
AF Regular

Well its not the knock sensor. I put a new one and the code still came back, so I returned it and put the old one back in. I have continuity between the ecu and the sensor. But exactly where are the grounds located for the knock sensor? Is it the two on the last intake runner? I did tell enthalpy about the z32 maf. But the maf code only came up once. It still breaks up and backfires 4500 rpms+ at wot. At part throttle its fine. Hopefully the dyno tune with the safc will fix the breaking up at high rpm's.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #18
perrenial151
AF Regular

ok dyno the tuning did not go well. Car was running way to lean and the afc neo couldn't correct it. Turned out the fuel filter was really clogged up bad. Now runs a whole lot better, and doesn't break up anymore at wot. Going back to dyno monday morning. Does anybody know what setting in and out on the safc, I have it on 2 and 2, is that right? enthalpy tune for 740cc z32 maf.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
Miles Prower
AF Newbie

lol so now your tune is fine.

take the safc off before you fuck it up agian.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #20
perrenial151
AF Regular

my car started acting up again, on the dyno. I made 290rwhp 320tq not getting past 4700rpm. Missing, hesitating at high boost. turned out spark plug gap was too open. I cant believe the gap would make such a huge difference. Now power is smooth to redline. Going back to dyno sometime this week. I think hp should be in the 320 range.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

so it sounds like everything is starting to fall into place. now your getting an idea of how much attention to detail running a high power turbo car takes. you dont have to take the AFC off, it can be useful if you ever change a part or two in the future, or up the boost some more. but i really dont know a whole lot about using one. im not the one to ask about the settings.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX