Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
norms440
AF Newbie

1997 Maxima strting problem

Hope this might help someone with same problem..1997 maxima 3.0..Starting problem...Very very hard to start...Some times no start..really bad when temp went below 30 degrees.come back hour later then would start..I replaced cam senor,both crank sensors,fuel pump, fuel filter,plugs,injectors,knock sensor,,I got fed up limped to the o' mighty Nissan dealer..Dealer told me $4,600 top fix..HAHAHA..they said trans had to be removed and mating surfaces needed cleaning.And needed a new complete under hood wiring harness.So I got 8 gauge wire..Battery terminal with stud and a wing nut,that I could put a bunch of ring terminals..Ran ground wire from battery to body,ground to starter belhousing bolt,ground to exhuaust hanger bolt under car,ground to intake manifold bolt, and last one to serpintene belt side of engine as close to crank sensor as I could..First try car started up and has been perfect ever since.Never ran better since I bought it 5 month ago..210,000 miles and still running like a champ..Hope this helps someone else..When in doubt "BAD GROUND"
norms440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1997 Maxima strting problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by norms440 View Post
...Dealer told me $4,600 top fix..HAHAHA..they said trans had to be removed and mating surfaces needed cleaning.And needed a new complete under hood wiring harness...
Me feeling sad for the dealer. How will they survive the harsh winter? Turn down (?) heating to save that 4600$...

Great story - repeated daily all around the globe at any stealership. Conspiracy - but just no theory (t)here...

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35