Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
97explorersport
AF Regular

plug replacement 0n 99 i30 Infinity

I think I may heve mad a mistake. When I replaced my plugs I coated the plug and the receptor with Dilectric.....now it appears that they my be arcking in the tubes. Looks like I am going to pull the plugs/Coils and wash them down and reinstall them this time using some boot seal......or maybe nothing...... Suggestions
97explorersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: plug replacement 0n 99 i30 Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97explorersport View Post
I think I may heve mad a mistake. When I replaced my plugs I coated the plug and the receptor with Dilectric.....now it appears that they my be arcking in the tubes. Looks like I am going to pull the plugs/Coils and wash them down and reinstall them this time using some boot seal......or maybe nothing...... Suggestions
Electrons dont jump through di-electric grease as it works as insulator - this grease allows electrons pass via a metallic contacts having few molecule thickness (of di-grease) between theses contact points... Most common greases have in fact di-electric properties. Main function is to keep the corroding oxygen out. (Oxygen in the air is the main culprit 'ruining' the contact surfaces)

Some info http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507...maxima/page-14

Whatever, clean your coilpacks as the grease there is not necessary. It is mainly an insulator, also blocking heat transfer = n.g.

Note that coilpacks 'die by the mile', only replacement helps after they start failing...

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14

Last edited by Nahkapohjola; 06-24-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote