Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
samahi72
AF Newbie

97 Maxima O2 Sensor Which Bank is which?

Getting two codes P0325 knock sensor and PO2 Oxygen sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1. Which bank is this, the front side or the back side? Where on the bank is the sensor located?
Thank you
samahi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: 97 Maxima O2 Sensor Which Bank is which?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samahi72 View Post
Getting two codes P0325 knock sensor and PO2 Oxygen sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1. Which bank is this, the front side or the back side? Where on the bank is the sensor located?
Thank you
Quote from the confuzean factory maint manual, FSM page EC-141:

"Trouble diagnosis for DTC P0130
Front Heated Oxygen Sensor (Front HO2S)
The front heated oxygen sensor (right bank) is placed into the front tube (right bank)..."
...etcetc

Summarum: P0325 is for KS - what was the other O2-code?

First: Pull all sensor plugs out and add contact grease. Close. Also open ground wire connectors (small terminals - bolted on the intake manifold), add contact grease and tighten. Contact problems (if any) are now gone.

You may also measure 02 sensor output voltage which should fluctuate at 1500rpm between 0-1Volts:
0 can be from zero to 0.3V and
1 can be from 0.6V to 1V

Note2:
- V6 engine has two 3cyl blocks called 'banks'; Right side is front, Left is rear.
- Engine control uses feedback signal from O2 sensors in the exhaust pipes. The two 'Front' sensors are located in exhaust tubes, just after exhaust manifold joints. Third O2 sensor is in the exhaust pipe under the vehicle (used only in diagnostics !). It is called the Rear O2 sensor.
Note3:
These idiotic super cheap O2-feedback sensor(s) send a minuscle, error-prone signal via long wiring to the computer, ECM. Long wiring and oxidizing connectors definitely cause the already poor&weak signal to degrade. Overall the OBDII -system (Just figure out why) in ALL vehicles are designed to keep supplier salesmen and oil companies happy. (Eh. Stalinist mass-milking is surprisingly detailed and global. Fits in crude oil supply/eco -media greenpee fairytales pumping the fuel prices sky high. Never has been there more clean energy=crude available than today...)

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14

Last edited by Nahkapohjola; 08-27-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35