Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 08:34 PM   #1
92PreludeSI
AF Newbie

Unhappy Speaker help!!

I have a 92 Prelude Si andI just bought some 6 1/2 infinity's to replace my factory rear speakers. everything was fine and dandy and everything sounded great for about 3 weeks. Then i noticed that whenever my bass would hit in my right speaker it would make this weird noise, like a low pitch buzzing noise like a bee was rattling around in my speaker. The rest of the sound quality is really good however. Did i blow the speaker or is it a wiring problem? I have a 200 watt CD unit and it also has to power the other speakers so i dont think i was sending too much power to them. All i know is that my speakers sound like shiznit and i wanna fix it. I have no clue about this stuff. Thanx
92PreludeSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #2
thewoahna
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to thewoahna
May want to double check all the connections with that speaker. The Honda factory wiring is not very good, the wire is very thin. You may have a short in the wire, you may want to go to local electronics store and get some new wire and re-wire both of the rear speakers from the HU back. If this is not the problem, it wouldnt hurt to do it anyway with that high power HU and them small stock wires.
-----------------------------------
Click here for some of my car pics/stats
thewoahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #3
Duatone
AF Enthusiast

if youve got that bumble bee sound in your speaker that usually means you've blown it... but check something, if you rev the motor slowly, and the buzz pitch rises along with the rpm's, then youve got interference somewhere, normally a bad ground..but to me its soundsl ike you need to get a new speaker, could just be a defect, check with who you bought them from and see what they can hook you up with
Duatone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio