Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
ekelchamps
AF Newbie

1/12 Tamiya 2006 Repsol Honda #69 (modification)

1/12 Tamiya Repsol Honda 2006 World Champ (modification for Hayden’s bike)

Hello everyone, I’m very interest of Nicky Hayden’s Honda 2006 bike world champ, including its new decoration Repsol logo. So with my passion, I decided to make the model.
The main parts is Tamiya Repsol Dani Pedrosa 2006. But as the kit exist is not the real 2006 bike..it’s still the same type of 2005, only the 2006 decoration follows, and definitely it’s only for Pedrosa. That’s why the manual only showing for number 26 Pedrosa, the small rider. For Hayden’s bike features different shape such as :
- front cowl + air-scoop
- Side cowl
- Under cowl
- Seat cowl
- Shape of machine on the right side
- Clutch cover

For the front and seat cowl I use the tamiya Konica Honda’s. Actually the Studio 27 has already release its model for Hayden’s 2006, but difficult for me to have that kit because there is no seller in my country who sale it (sorry if my English getting terrible ). So I’m just using the kit from Tamiya, and more deep for me : it’s the challenging stuff to transform the 2005 to 2006 type.
Hope you enjoy my work

HISTORY ::::: For 2006, Hayden was charged with spearheading Repsol Honda's championship aspirations. Capturing the championship was not without peril: in the second to last round at Estoril in Portugal, teammate Dani Pedrosa missed his braking point while following Hayden. The resulting lowside accident took out both bikes, with Rossi claiming second place in that race, finishing 0.002 seconds behind Toni Elias. This left Hayden eight points behind Rossi in the championship with one race left to go. In the last race of the season on October 29th, 2006, the unexpected happened when Rossi fell off his motorcycle on lap 5 trying to make up for a poor start. Hayden, who was challenging for the race lead at the time, was informed of Rossi's mistake and backed off his lap times by nearly a second, winning the championship by finishing a safe 3rd behind race winner Troy Bayliss and Loris Capirossi. He thus won the 2006 championship, beating Rossi 252 points to 247.

Hayden was the only rider to be handed the full 2006 machine, that meaning I have to change the tamiya shape into the appropriate 2006 type.

Only a bit for side cowl I can change. There is a cover for exhaust pipe.

2006 Under cowl

Air-scoop 2006, very different from 2005 or 2006 Pedrosa’s

The detail

Comments are welcome, friend
ekelchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
SkylineFan
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1/12 Tamiya 2006 Repsol Honda #69 (modification)

Great Job!!! But did you paint it black? Repsol livery color is a super dark midnite blue isnt it?

DaveT
SkylineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Duncan1098
AF Regular

Great build and convertion, I'm a Nicky fan, and it is a shame Tamiya didn't do his bike. I built on of these last year using the Studio27 trans kit, was a very good kit, but not cheap.
Duncan1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Hi, welcome to the forum. The bike looks nice but I have a few remarks. You seem to have a fitting problem with the side cowls. They don't align very well with the top cowl. Also I'm not a fan of the original chroom plating from Tamiya, I prefer to remove it and spray the parts with paint. I can see also that you hand painted some parts, but they could have been done better.

However I like your decal work. These are done very well . So keep up the good work and up to the next one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes