Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
violent31601
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to violent31601
Car goes to low on RMP's coming to a stop (sometimes dies)

I know there are many topics about cars stalling when coming to a stop and signs of crankwalk etc... however, mine seems to stall even when i just rev it up in natural, yes it will stall also (only when i'm coming off from high speeds) when i engage the clutch. I don't have any shifting problems, no popping noises or squealing. It seems to get worse as it gets warm (but I could be wrong on this)

Also, something similar like this did happen once before when I killed my battery and it died a few times when engaging the clutch (a few years back) I heard it just needed to relearn its idle, and it worked fine after stalling twice at stop lights, I did just replace the battery but have driven it a great deal that day, I would think it would have relearned its idle by now?

Any ideas/thoughts?

PS: its been a long time since i've been on this board hopefully some people still check up on it.

Last edited by violent31601; 05-12-2013 at 11:17 AM.
violent31601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
EgbertGeorgy
AF Newbie

Re: Car goes to low on RMP's coming to a stop (sometimes dies)

You could start with diagnosing the fuel supply as a start. Generally clogged lines, poor fuel quality and irregular fuel supply are the causes. Check for filters, lines and even the gas tank on this.
Another aspect is the current flow; maybe the alternator is not generating enough current. Also check all wires and spark plugs and components like ecu and condensers. If all these do not seem to work, consult an expert.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
violent31601
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to violent31601
Re: Car goes to low on RMP's coming to a stop

was just my battery learning its idle speed, works great again!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
ColtonW
AF Newbie

Re: Car goes to low on RMP's coming to a stop

Depending on how Modded your car is, like mine, It could be a Clogged IAC, make sure your TPS is set right aswell. I've encountered that lots during my tuning stages and once its set perfect and your at good running temp, the problem could come back. Theres alot of temporary fixes. But doing everything right on the throttle body will ensure that none come back again. If you don't care for emissions delete vaccum lines and EGR you can find diagrams all over the place for that man
ColtonW is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis