Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
OswaltHut
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 98 Gr. Caravan Radiator Fan Runs CONSTANTLY!

Thanks to all who helped troubleshoot this common fan relay problem and then took the time to carefully describe its various failure modes, physical location, and sourcing/pricing options. My '98 Chrysler T&C fans failed in the constant run position and you helped turn what probably would have been a full day's effort into a 15-minute fix. AWESOME!!
OswaltHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
kz1000p
AF Newbie

Re: 98 Gr. Caravan Radiator Fan Runs CONSTANTLY!

Kmaniac and thub, THANK YOU GUYS!!!. I had the exact same situation as Kmaniac described and just bought the part number provided by thub at Autozone for $45 (I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan with 190,000 miles). Some additional info: Before I realized the radiator fans were not kicking on (after putting back the 40 amp fuse and seeing the spark), I noticed right at start-up of a cold engine, my A/C blew warm air, even thought the A/C compressor clutch was pulled in. I know you need the radiator fan to condense the refrigerant, but as the radiator fan doesn't come on exactly when the A/C compressor kicks in, I initially thought my A/C compressor was bad as this was when the engine was cold, and the A/C compressor sounded like it had some small rocks in it. However, once I replaced the relay, the A/C worked fine. On a side note, I broke the plastic electrical connection locking mechanism on the car's wiring harness when removing the old relay; no big deal as even without it, the friction fit of the pig tail is enough to hold it fine to the new relay. Thank you again for taking the time to post, as it's still helping 5-years later!
kz1000p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #18
1Seahag
AF Newbie

Mine isn't a 98... It is a 2000 Dodge Gr Caravan but I understand they are pretty much the same thing... so What if you have changed the relay and the fans still continue to run.... where would you go next?? My son has been at this half the day and is absolutely baffled with my van... he changed the relay with one he got from pick a part... but then the fans didn't work at all...so then I sent him to get a brand new one from Auto Zone and the fans worked but again will not shut off..... anyone know where to go next??? He is really open to suggestions... I really need my vehicle....I don't have a spare one and have many Dr appoints.... please help
1Seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #19
Dakaty
AF Newbie

The fans will run constantly if the AC is on. (and of course when the engine is hot)
Dakaty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager