Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Macker
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Macker Send a message via AIM to Macker Send a message via Yahoo to Macker
Unhappy Turbo Timer Problems > Starter Motor

Hello laydees and gents!! (firstly sorry for posting this here, but there is now Starlet GT Fourm LOL)

sometimes when i turn off the car (switching the key to off position - to start the turbo timer countdown) the starter motor kicks in.... most time the engine ticks over as it should and i have no problems, but like i said sometimes the starter kicks in and keeps turning...... also sometimes if the keys are out and its ticking over fine.. the starter will kick in if i turn the steering wheel more than a few degrees?? Finally.. i was listening to the radio one day (engine was not even running) and when i turned the key to take it out of the ignition it fired up the starter and turned on the engine....
i was using it wired up by myself, but got the wiring harness thinking it was my wiring but its no different.. anyone got any ideas?? bad earthing? bad timer? power steering interfering??
and has anyone else expeirenced this problem?
mine is a 95 Toyota Starlet GT turbo with a Blitz DCII timer any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

cheers
Later
Macker
Gearbox: 5 speed Manual Standard
Wheels & tyres: MIM 15" 5 spoke alloys, with 195 45 low profile directional tyres
Brakes: standard EP82 Disks all round
Interior: Blitz FATT DCII Turbo Timer, MOMO racing wheel
ICE: Full Pioneer, Carrozzeria system... 6 disk changer, tape & radio, TV, Video and GPS system.. on board computer + drive calculator.
Misc: Front + Rear Strut Braces. Razo Drilled Pedals, Electric sunroof, Tinted Windows
Security: Oh Hell Yea!!!!
Macker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
johndaleo
AF Newbie

Re: Turbo Timer Problems > Starter Motor

Hi There

Did you ever manage to solve this issue as im having the same problem with my mr2 and i used a hks timer harness to be safe and it engages the starter when i go to pull out the key. No-one online seems to have solved this problem or if they have there keeping it a secret, all anyone does is comment that the wiring is wrong not too helpful to be honest. Any help here would be very welcome.
johndaleo is offline   Reply With Quote