Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Solara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
speedysportcar
AF Newbie

99 solara p0302 code oil leak next to #2 cyl

I have a 99 Solara v6 with 178000mi and a check engine light on. Went to the Zone to get checked. They told me it was code...p0302, p0300. It also has a oil leak near cyl #2, not a big one, but enough to make a mess in the driveway. This all started after I changed the oil and filter. I use full synthetic oil. Drove about 50-60 mile stepped on it to go around a slower car, then the oil light came on. Pulled over within 10 mile(was on I95 had to find a safe place) checked filter, oil plug, any oil leaks as I could. Found nothing. Started car light was off. About 20 miles later same thing. Light on, no oil anywhere. The entire time the engine ran smooth. After the last time I pulled over the oil light never came back on. After sitting over the weekend on my way to work it started idleing rough, smooth when accelerated. Then I notice oil under the car. Seamed to be near cyl #2. Check engine light came on, replaced plugs and wires and pcv valve. Reset the code. Then drove it for a couple of days then the check engine light came back on. Both times same code came up. Want to know if anyone had the same problem. And if so is it an easy fix or HIGH dollar repair. Thanks
speedysportcar is offline   Reply With Quote