Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
K_Bray13
AF Newbie

Automotive Paint in a Can

I made the mistake a few years ago of trying to spray my front plastic quarter panel on my Ford Edge with white automotive paint in a can. I was reading how to remove it, & NON acetone fingernail polish remover was suggested. I’m finally done with it, & it looks streaky now. The automotive paint is gone, but the weird streaks are there. Could the non acetone paint have done this? Is there anything else I can do to it? I was just going to go to Ford & have a paint pen to fill in the small scuffs, but now the streaks are driving me insane!

Side note: the small front plastic piece on my edge is also loose (where the newer models have from running lights), & I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pull it back towards me to pop back into place (hope this makes sense). What are the chances I can do this without having to go in from behind?
K_Bray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #2
Gottliebs
AF Newbie

Re: Automotive Paint in a Can

If you want to change the look of the car by repainting it, knowledge of spray paints is essential. Using a paint intended for the house to paint a car will ruin your vehicle. Hence, proper spray paint for a car, such as automotive paint, is the best choice.
Gottliebs is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network