Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Firebird Discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
9_trans_am_3
AF Newbie

Talking 93 trans am runs ruff

hey i have a 93 trans am..runs ruff after about 10-15 min of driving when cold car runs awesome..but after 10 min it starts too run real ruff..so i put new spark plugs,coil...im just not sure what it could be...i was told its probly the spark plug wires..any ideas or suggestions!? thanks.
9_trans_am_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Re: 93 trans am runs ruff

Definately sounds like a issue in the ignition system. Check and make sure the water pump isn't leakin gon to the opti-spark distributor right below it.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
hossdawg
AF Newbie

Its your coil control module...ill bet you a hundred bucks.
hossdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
FormulaForce
AF Regular

My first guess is indeed the spark plug wires, especially the longest ones that go to the rear of the engine. I had a problem exactly like that and that's what it was: the rear-most driver side plug wire (I think that's number 7). Sometimes wires work fine until they get hot. I've had good-looking wires pull apart easily because they were really cooked from the exhaust heat. You COULD NOT tell by looking at them. I put Accel 9000 hi-temp silicon plug wires on and that fixed that. New wires are cheaper and easier than the opti-spark distributor, which may be the other cause. Since you're having problems only after heat-up, it really sounds like a plug wire. Get the best ones you can afford, and make sure they are high-heat rated. Jegs.com has the Accel ones I used.
FormulaForce is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
350lt1 , firebird , trans am
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Firebird Discussions