Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
dwrz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dwrz Send a message via MSN to dwrz Send a message via Yahoo to dwrz Send a message via Skype™ to dwrz
Question HELP; Alfa Romeo Spider as my FIRST car

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a long post but I'm desperate for help/advice-- any is much appreciated.

My parents came to visit me today and brought with me a surprise present. It is an Alfa Romeo, my mother said it is 32 years old and was designed by Pininfarina. I googled this stuff right now and by some photos and the year I guessed that I have an Alfa Romeo Spider Series II. Is there any way I can confirm this?

So here are the problems:
1. The car is manual transmission, which I don't know how to use. Otherwise I picked up my driver's license about a year ago with only about 18 hours of practice. I've driven only a few times since (less than 10)-- I'm ok but parking and probably overall safety is not so great.
2. I know nothing about car maintenance/upkeep. This is my first car and it seems like a fragile one at that. What exactly to I need to keep tabs on? Where can I learn about caring for this vehicle? Should I expect any particular problems with it?
3. It's a convertible. The "roof" sucks and the rear "window" is an opaque plastic. Where can I find a replacement and how much will it be?

Anything else? I'm really worried as I feel totally unprepared for this ride. Fair enough I probably won't be using it much-- I'm a happy camper with my bike-- but this is stuff I feel like I will need to understand at one point or another. Any advice, help, pointers are really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
dwrz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider