Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:40 PM   #61
23toyota23
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
uh.....no.....
don't know much about drifting do you.
Quote: Paper or Plastic?
23toyota23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #62
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you don't know what a sports car is. FWD has been kicking RWD's ass since it became popular for production automobiles. Most notably you might remember that Citroen's front drivers enjoyed a winning streak in the monte-carlo rally, followed by a winning streak of SAAB 96 sedans, followed by a winning streak of BMC Minis. These cars beat more powerful RWD cars - and outside of the Monte Carlo, FWD kicked ass in all sorts of events.
Read my post again plz, and note I said "anything can be made to do things well". FWD can be MADE to perform well just like anything else, what I said is that RWD & AWD are better platforms to work with. Please tell me what it is that FWD is superior in? Is it cornering? Acceleration? oh yea...drifting, ::funny:: Im kinda boggled here...from my experience FWD is a limited platform, but then again I do mostly drag racing personally. I have seen many FWD cars lose control because of weight transfer that doesnt benefit FWD as it does RWD. And we all know about that pesky thing we call understeer. FWD cars just cant put the power to the ground like AWD and RWD can in a high hp/tq application.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #63
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23toyota23
don't know much about drifting do you.

ok expert....go and post in the drifting forum that FWD and AWD cars are better at drifting than RWD cars.....

if you are such an expert i'm sure you can back up your claims in that forum

its under racing...see ya there

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #64
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrow03GT
FWD cars just cant put the power to the ground like AWD and RWD can in a high hp/tq application.
Hmmm, I see this must be why RWD cars do so well in snow?
And just for your information, understeer is a common trait of ALL front engined cars, reguardless of whether it's the rear or front wheels that are being powered.
In many respects, FWD is better than RWD (especially when you're using an engine mounted in the front, rear engined cars are a different story) FWD is more versatile than RWD in many ways and there is no reason, that a FWD platform would not be able to perform as well as a RWD platform in drag racing - maybe if drag racers would stop being so old fashioned and reluctant to try out something different, there'd be more FWD drag cars out there?

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:54 PM   #65
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Hahah

I think you are just blinded with your Voltswagen Beatles that you autox with, or whatever those ugly things are in those pictures. Take a FWD and 500-600lb of TQ and put the power on the ground w/o slicks. Hell it would be a nightmare on slicks too. Not sure if you realize that weight transfer occurs when launching that takes traction off of your front tires and transfers to the rear. Have you ever owned a ~3100lb car w/ 550+ HP/TQ, I have, try launching that on FWD. That is what I meant by the platform is limited. If there was anything beneficial in using FWD for high horsepower launching/acceleration they would be getting used in proffesional drag racing.

Quote:
Hmmm, I see this must be why RWD cars do so well in snow?
What does snow have to do with racing 99.99% of us will ever see?? How is that a measure of getting power to the ground?

Quote:
And just for your information, understeer is a common trait of ALL front engined cars, reguardless of whether it's the rear or front wheels that are being powered.
No, its not. Ive owned 6 RWD cars in the last 3 years, never saw Understeer, RWD has oversteer, FWD has understeer typically.

Quote:
In many respects, FWD is better than RWD (especially when you're using an engine mounted in the front, rear engined cars are a different story) FWD is more versatile than RWD in many ways and there is no reason, that a FWD platform would not be able to perform as well as a RWD platform in drag racing - maybe if drag racers would stop being so old fashioned and reluctant to try out something different, there'd be more FWD drag cars out there?
Thats funny, I want to see you go out to a dragstrip and say some nonsense like that, do some research first, stop fooling yourself.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:41 PM   #66
23toyota23
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
ok expert....go and post in the drifting forum that FWD and AWD cars are better at drifting than RWD cars.....

if you are such an expert i'm sure you can back up your claims in that forum

its under racing...see ya there
didn't say i was an expert asshole. I was typing fast and screwed up, yeah rwd are better than fwd at drifting and its very hard to drift an awd. happy?
Old 08-18-2003, 12:11 AM   #67
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
didn't say i was an expert asshole. I was typing fast and screwed up, yeah rwd are better than fwd at drifting and its very hard to drift an awd. happy?
btw here we have this thing called banning so keep it up......

and if you would be anything close to maturity you would've admited earlier that it was your fault due to the mistype instead of saying that do not know anything about the subject and supporting your mistake....but instead you decide to call me names....good move

(\__/)
Old 08-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #68
23toyota23
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
btw here we have this thing called banning so keep it up......

and if you would be anything close to maturity you would've admited earlier that it was your fault due to the mistype instead of saying that do not know anything about the subject and supporting your mistake....but instead you decide to call me names....good move
i called you an asshole because i make a mistake when typing and you get all sarcastic. oh, i'm going to get banned for calling you a name? there's more name calling on these forums than any other i've seen. by the way i'm not a newbie, my old account had over 300 posts.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 AM   #69
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
i called you an asshole because i make a mistake when typing and you get all sarcastic. oh, i'm going to get banned for calling you a name? there's more name calling on these forums than any other i've seen. by the way i'm not a newbie, my old account had over 300 posts.

i don't care if you are a noobie or not...i never brought that up....fact is that no matter how many people use profanity it is still not apropiate for you

and i was not sarcarstic....i said: "oh....no" basically disagreeing with your statement....i had no way to know you mistyped.....your reply was to tell me that i don't know anything about drifting......so grow up and just admit you made a mistake and you continued it

so it comes down to this: you made a mistake i corected you then you came back and said that i don't know what i am talking about i replied again that you are wrong and then you came back again and started swearing

(\__/)
Old 08-18-2003, 08:02 PM   #70
Turbogirl24
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Turbogirl24 Send a message via Yahoo to Turbogirl24
Thumbs down Just Keep It Real!!!

I don't knock Honda's or people who drive them....It's just that when one tries to do me dirty and pass me, I mean it's like where are you going....I mean I hear your exhaust tryin, but you aren't goin anywhere. So before you throw all those stickers on your car and body kits, then try to race me...First make sure your engine is up to par! But for those of you that keep it cool then more power to you....I mean some people just like Hondas?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:35 PM   #71
shickey86
AF Newbie

ghetto crap

honda's are fine as long as the serve their purpose. "Civic" means city = city driving/lower speeds. They weren't meant to have stupid coffee cans and neon blue wipers. People who own these cars think everyone is envious - only poor people. most normal people aspire to have something a bit better than a $ 12,000 ECONOMY car.
shickey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:08 AM   #72
ricardonz
AF Newbie

hey it's not just hondas that are horrid 98 % of asian cars are the same ..no
ricardonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:08 AM   #73
fastchevylover
AF Newbie

honda sux.

the reason ppl hate honda is becasue you ppl put on a coffee can muffler and all of a sudden you can pull off a porsche or so you think! i drive a almost completely stock 74 camaro i bought myself and i smoke you little ricers all the time! i will give props to the guys who are willing to spend the money and the time to make their honda truly fast but thats only about 2% of the "racers" with a honda! but in order to make a honda fast you pretty much gotta put a whole new engine in it! unless its a older prelude or the s2000 becasue you can get huge hp gains out of those two engines. but overall you ppl drive like shit in and outta traffic thinkin you a fuckin hardass and your cars super fast! where it sounds and moves more along the lines more like a lawn mower. stop thinking your fast and make the car fast! and "fast" begins at being able to run a mid 13 quater mile. or you can spend half the money and buy a older muscle car and be able to make it fast alot cheaper and quicker then your asain pieces! ppl hate ricers becasue they are gay!
fastchevylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:41 AM   #74
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: honda sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastchevylover
the reason ppl hate honda is becasue you ppl put on a coffee can muffler and all of a sudden you can pull off a porsche or so you think! i drive a almost completely stock 74 camaro i bought myself and i smoke you little ricers all the time! i will give props to the guys who are willing to spend the money and the time to make their honda truly fast but thats only about 2% of the "racers" with a honda! but in order to make a honda fast you pretty much gotta put a whole new engine in it! unless its a older prelude or the s2000 becasue you can get huge hp gains out of those two engines. but overall you ppl drive like shit in and outta traffic thinkin you a fuckin hardass and your cars super fast! where it sounds and moves more along the lines more like a lawn mower. stop thinking your fast and make the car fast! and "fast" begins at being able to run a mid 13 quater mile. or you can spend half the money and buy a older muscle car and be able to make it fast alot cheaper and quicker then your asain pieces! ppl hate ricers becasue they are gay!

That is half-correct and half naive- Honda have 4 good engines for racing and/or tuning- the H22A series (Accord SiR & Prelude VTi-R) B16a (Civic SiR and Type R), F20C (S2000) and B18C (Integra VTi-R & Type R) there is also the engine from the NSX- but for a Honda engine I'd perfer the I4 series seeing as they are lighter. While tuning JApanese cars is more expensive it's more rewarding- how rewarding woul it be to get 1500bhp our of a 2.6 litre RB26DETT- which in a correctly prepared Skyline shell with the ATESSA AWD system will run 1/4's with pretty much any muscle car imagineable- and while it'd be crappy around corners- it'd probably run better around them than the Muscle car of similar bhp.

Yet you are very right- people should stop driving like assholes and overcompensating for small wee-wee's- it's idiots like them that give true import enthusiasts like myself a bad name- and I have to bear the brunt of their stupidity. I'd probably put 14 sec 1/4 for a respectable time- and a good lap at Nurburgring is also important

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 02:43 AM   #75
fastchevylover
AF Newbie

Wink nice

like i said bro, if you take the time and spend the money to do the work to make the car fast ill give you all the props in the world i love any car as long as it commands respect through PERFORMANCE. I'm a muscle car lover myself and only 16 so i probably only know half of what you guys do, so if i left a couple of the honda engines out it was just oversight i wasn't trying to be naive. lol. thanks for fillin me in though!
fastchevylover is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD