Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 01:07 AM   #76
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
What are Neons like reliability wise??????
To be honest you get what you pay for. I love my Neon to death and have put alot of work into it, but it is by no means the quality you get with a more expensive car. They have their problems...some electrical and sometimes the PCM goes, mostly 96 model year and older...mine's a 97. My Neon has been pretty good for the most part...even survived a 40 mph front end collision. I get it serviced religiously and when a problem does come up get it fixed ASAP so that other crap doesnt go wrong with it. It also has its creaks and rattles, but it is 4 years old, lowered, and has a big stereo system which has some effect on that. The one huge downfall sadly, is the resale value. Let's just say my wheels are worth more than the car now
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 06:44 PM   #77
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I heard that reliability on a neon is horrible
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 08:03 PM   #78
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Mine's done ok for the most part...but if you don't take care of it, it will go to shit sooner than a maintained Neon. If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would go get a Volkswagen...preferably the newest one but it will be awhile before I can afford brand new again.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #79
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
I heard that reliability on a neon is horrible
Thats why I asked that question

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 03:54 PM   #80
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Cars we own

I've got a 1995 Mitsubishi FTO GPX. I bought it late last year.

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Spec2 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 06:58 PM   #81
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

that mitsu FTO is nice i've never seen one in real life..... plus you got a skyline in that garage too... lucky
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-11-2001, 07:10 PM   #82
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Thanks for that. Yep the Skyline belongs to my hubby. He's only had it for a just over a month.

I first fell in love with the FTO when playing Gran Turismo. It was then that I decided I had to have one!!!

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Spec2 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 08:21 PM   #83
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Good call i'd like one too
Old 11-11-2001, 11:28 PM   #84
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by KatWoman

To be honest you get what you pay for. I love my Neon to death and have put alot of work into it, but it is by no means the quality you get with a more expensive car. They have their problems...some electrical and sometimes the PCM goes, mostly 96 model year and older...mine's a 97. My Neon has been pretty good for the most part...even survived a 40 mph front end collision. I get it serviced religiously and when a problem does come up get it fixed ASAP so that other crap doesnt go wrong with it. It also has its creaks and rattles, but it is 4 years old, lowered, and has a big stereo system which has some effect on that. The one huge downfall sadly, is the resale value. Let's just say my wheels are worth more than the car now
A 40mph collision and the didnt total the car? Thats sounds pretty unbelievable. How in the world did the frame stay straight after something that fast. Either you were sitting still with the car in nuetral and somebody hit you or you ran into something that broke away. If your car stopped going from 40-0 without getting launched (transfer of energy) the car must be made out of titanium.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-11-2001, 11:47 PM   #85
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4

A 40mph collision and the didnt total the car? Thats sounds pretty unbelievable. How in the world did the frame stay straight after something that fast. Either you were sitting still with the car in nuetral and somebody hit you or you ran into something that broke away. If your car stopped going from 40-0 without getting launched (transfer of energy) the car must be made out of titanium.
I made a left turn into a small pickup...his back tire ran over my bumper and also crumpled the hood and fenders. I was turning into a drive way going about 5 and he was going 35. The very front end took most of the damage. The only major mechanincal damage was the ac and radiator. The tranny, suspension, and motor were fine. The frame was fine too. Airbags did not deploy. I know it sounds unbelieveable but I think the Man upstairs was lookin out for me.

Old 11-12-2001, 05:51 PM   #86
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

your airbags didn't go off!!
that's somethin to worry about, what if you get in really bad crash and they don't go off.... i'd check that out
Old 11-12-2001, 07:13 PM   #87
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Nothing wrong with the big guy upstairs lending a hand now and then. I hope it doesnt happen again.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:45 PM   #88
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
your airbags didn't go off!!
that's somethin to worry about, what if you get in really bad crash and they don't go off.... i'd check that out
The damage looks alot nastier than it is. As crumpled up as the bumper got (the actual metal bumper) it did not hit my airbag sensors...that is why they didn't go off.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:43 AM   #89
yellows2000
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to yellows2000
2001 honda s2000
yellows2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 11:59 PM   #90
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
Quote: