Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 01:52 AM   #1
volks8691
AF Newbie

Peice Of Junk Hondas

honda What
volks8691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
Rod&Custom
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Rod&Custom
I despise of Hondas. I wish those stupid kids would just leave them as the econo cars they are. The wings and coffee cans just can't change it.
Rod&Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:39 AM   #3
mista paseo
Banned

Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

hondas suck it takes no skill to build one
mista paseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35

au contraire. honadas take more skill to build then some shitty as big block V8... you actually have to THINK when u build these cars on how to make em fun to drive and low gas mileage thus that was how VTEC was introduced. They dont need to go by the terms like v8 = small penis... v10 = near invisible... and so on... drive a 4 cyl... its the manly thing to do! =D

Honda Guy 4 Life!
MunG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
mazda141
Banned

very nice i was just getting ppl fired up i have a 4 cyl love the dohc
mazda141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
Rod&Custom
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Rod&Custom
Sorry guys, I just thought that REAL men liked to go fast, and have a nice sounding exhaust. But clearly I was wrong, they enjoy going slow, or every now and then shooting some cheat juice into their cylinders. Don't get me wrong, I love ricers, everthing about them. From their horrible exhaust(never put exhaust on a 4 banger) to their seat covers, and their "R" stickers(we all know those add BIG power). Whats really great about them, is that they aren't redneck, they just seem really ghetto. And in the end, it'll really take some skill to paint your ac vents just the right shade of yellow. Then when its all done, you can go show everyone how smart you are that you hooked up BOTH wires to your 15" subwoofer. Show everyone your 20" of bling while fracturing your tailbone, and put some tire polish on your rubber band tires. Does it go fast naturally aspirated? HECK NO, but who cares, cause the ladys think its ghetto and the neighbors think your poor, but thats ok too, because as the other guy stated, you have really BIG nuts! Yea, sure the guy across the street with the '69 Mustang Boss 429 gets all the girls, respect, and friends, but thats ok, because you can still hear the wonderful noise of your exhaust farting all around town. Lifes good when your a ricer. I hate everything that created hot rods and motorsports, I just love cheap cars!
Rod&Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:08 PM   #7
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346

Quote:
au contraire. honadas take more skill to build then some shitty as big block V8... you actually have to THINK when u build these cars on how to make em fun to drive and low gas mileage thus that was how VTEC was introduced. They dont need to go by the terms like v8 = small penis... v10 = near invisible... and so on... drive a 4 cyl... its the manly thing to do! =D

Honda Guy 4 Life!
Last time I checked, a pizza faced high-scool nerd could install a DC Sports header, fart can, and cold air intake with a wrench, among other things..
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:42 PM   #8
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSBoy346
Last time I checked, a pizza faced high-scool nerd could install a DC Sports header, fart can, and cold air intake with a wrench, among other things..
Are you asian?

On topic: Who gives a shit? Every car has their ups and downs. Every car has their way to be made fast. No need for shit talking since theres always going to be someone faster than you. If you got the money you got the speed. Everyone here is into cars and shouldnt be talking shit to each other since were all the same.

DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #9
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunG35

Honda Guy 4 Life!
Youre speaking french, who should listen to you?
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:24 PM   #10
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

I agree with DKShadow. Were all into the same stuff and should just agree to disagree.

More on topic though, I just purchased a vehicle with a PUSHROD V6...very nice. Much better than that 1.8L I4 Honda Civic I took for a test drive...

Jeremy
JTrujillo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #11
error4o4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to error4o4 Send a message via MSN to error4o4 Send a message via Yahoo to error4o4

wow, you're bragging about buying a car with a PUSHROD v6? i'm sorry. arguing for displacement and pushrods is like arguing that stone and chisel is better than pen and paper. wtf?

while i'm on the topic of ancient technology, how about the new mustangs? solid rear axles? wow, sounds great. for the 1950's. when is detroit gonna figure things out?
error4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #12
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

Just for your info error4o4, DOHC and SOHC engines have been around a lot longer than OHV engines...Before you start talking about "ancient technology" I would brush up on my history if I were you.

Jeremy
Old 04-28-2004, 05:28 PM   #13
error4o4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to error4o4 Send a message via MSN to error4o4 Send a message via Yahoo to error4o4
its not that OHC is newer, the fact that pushrods have evolved very little is. OHC engines are much more efficient because the technology has continued to dev. unlike the pushrod.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

You know what else is really funny? The fact that you guys with that "awesome" DOHC Civic are still back at that light, running your engine in the 6K RPM range, trying to pull your car off the line, while I'm way ahead of you and all I had to do was rely on that low end torque my pushrod has!

Jeremy
Old 04-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #15
error4o4
AF Newbie

i didn't say the DOHC civic was "awesome". i don't even see that in the forum, unless i'm missing it, thats a horrible misquote.

i was comparing efficiency, not low-end torque. but if you want to compare uses thats fine. the new mustangs.. sold rear axle. even the stock, base model civic with the macpherson strut set up (old technology) is much better. how about the double wishbone suspension in the s2k? it would be really funny when your bad ass american muscle corners like a dump truck. straight lines are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD