Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Chivic
AF Newbie

Question about a paint job

My car is about 2 years old and it has scratches here and there on the exterior. Someone told me that even if I had the paint ordered from Honda with the given serial number written on the door it still won't be a match because the paint has somewhat changed color in the sun. Is that true? That within 2 years the color of my car (which is silver) changed that significantly that if JUST the scratches were painted it would be noticable?
Chivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
BoricuaPaintFan23
AF Newbie

Re: Question about a paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivic View Post
My car is about 2 years old and it has scratches here and there on the exterior. Someone told me that even if I had the paint ordered from Honda with the given serial number written on the door it still won't be a match because the paint has somewhat changed color in the sun. Is that true? That within 2 years the color of my car (which is silver) changed that significantly that if JUST the scratches were painted it would be noticable?

Chivic>The paint shouldn't have drifted all that much for a silver metallic after 2 years but the bigger issue is that most colors out there have several variants to them based on known differences from the factories where they were originally painted. Most paint manufacturers have variant decks full of variations where the colors differ from the "Standard" based on a variety of different variables. Regardless, the size of the areas that you're working on should lend themselves well to having small touchups dabbed in even if the color match isn't perfect.

I'm like Donkey Kong I've got you ninjas dodging my barrels.
BoricuaPaintFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General