Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Help a girl out
AF Newbie

Question Trade in my 2011 Altima?

Hi all, I have a 2011 Altima SL that I purchased pre-owned in 2013 with 20,000 miles on it. It's been a great car and has been relatively problem free. I drive a LOT. I now have 131,000 miles on this car. It's still in very good condition on the interior, but could use a paint job due to chips in the hood, etc. I will be paying it off in two months. My question is:
I have discovered that I can purchase a pre-owned 2014 or 2015 Altima SL with less than 20,000 miles on it and still maintain around the same loan amount. The car that I found has a few more bells and whistles than my current car but is pretty much identical to my 2011. Since I drive so many miles, would I be smart to sell my 2011 while it still has some value and reinvest in the same car with way fewer miles or continue to drive my present car? I've discovered on a few of the other forums that the 2011 model year seems to have the fewest complaints. Perhaps that's a good reason to continue to drive mine? I often am hours away from home and by myself on the road. I would prefer to not set myself up for trouble, but I have no idea how many miles I should expect out of my present 2011. I have been very good about maintaining it.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Help a girl out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Trade in my 2011 Altima?

I hear you. I've been in this situation many times over the years! When you say maintain the same loan amount, I'm assuming you are referring to the monthly payment? If you still owe a chunk of money on the 2011, I'd be tempted to do the trade. If the 2011 is nearly paid-off, it's always more financially prudent to keep driving what you have and keep up on repairs as needed.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2011 , 2014 , altima , in? , trade
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion