Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
littlephoenix
AF Newbie

Hit curb fast with the rear wheel bent HELP

ok, reading all this, i have to post my little stupidity that just happend.......
own a 2000 prelude, in pretty good shape, bought it brand new, fixed it up, nothing big, pullies, exhaust, lowered etc.
my back tires are pretty warn out, to teh thread and wire, was gonna get new tires next month,,,anyhow was driving up my house, lots of windy roads leading uphill, 50mph i believe, took the turn and lost the back, car turned a 180 and i hit the curb, passenger side, went up the curb with both tires, hit the fire hydrant which did not explode at the time,,,so gently i drove back down the curb and on my way home, i had almost no control of the car, wobbling everywhere, parked it and well, the back right wheel is bent inward at a good degree, front right was also damaged but could not see it as it was dark,, car is undrivable, wondering if this could be a major damage or what,bent suspension, bent chassis, steering column, etc. any advice would be great, will be calling my insurance tomorrow, o and since this was my fault, will my insurance cover this minus the deductible ? o and fire hydrant damage, is that covered,,,?
sorry for all the questions, this is a first for me, im a pretty good driver, minus this stupid speeding with old tires with no thread....thanks for all the help guys
littlephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Hit curb fast with the rear wheel bent HELP

the frame could be bent a little. usually wheels, control arms, knuckles. You have to get under it and start looking for bent stuff. Compare the left side to the right side. As far as the insurance goes, it all depends on the coverage you have and the company. Some are cheap as hell while others do it the right way.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
littlephoenix
AF Newbie

well they towed my car since i didnt report 911, didnt think i needed to,
so getting it back from repo will be 300$ or more, i have progressive insurance, here is my policy,,

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY$359.00 BI $250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT MEDICAL PAYMENTS $5,000 EACH PERSON$22.00 COMPREHENSIVE ACV LESS $500 DEDUCTIBLE$78.00 COLLISION ACV LESS $500 DEDUCTIBLE$209.00 UNINSURED MOTORIST COLLISION DEDUCTIBLE WAIVER$3.00 $500 WAIVED RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT$45.00 UP TO $30/DAY FOR MAX OF 30 DAYS UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST$33.00 $250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE$9.00

Premium by Vehicle$758.00 Anti-Fraud Fee$0.90 Total Policy Premium$758.90
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
inafogg
AF Enthusiast

if you have full cocerage they will cover exspensive. if you only have liability
they pay for damages other than your car
inafogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
AutoService101
AF Newbie

Progressive is a good insurance company so as long as the damage is not enough to total it they will fix it. They probably will try and use aftermarket and possibly some used parts so beware. If you want know parts you will have to pay the differance.

Depending on where you go to have repairs done will make a big differance in actual cost. Problem is how much damage did you do?? If you just did suspension damage to the front and rear from the way you describe it I bet you could be looking from $2500 to $3000. Once again depends on extent of damage. Sounds like you have some pretty serious damage. Of course it could be a lot more if you did bend the frame or say hit the oil pan or transpan.

When you get a estimate would like to hear what got smacked.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #6
littlephoenix
AF Newbie

hmm, now will the insurance appoint the mechanic or do i h ave to find my own? i usually dont trust any mechanics so finding a trustworthy one will be hard
the police still have my vehicle so i will find out tomorrow when i can get it back and what the damage is...
now one more question, will my insurance pay to get it out of the impound or as i believe i will have to pay myself1!! ?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD