Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
bocoogto
AF Regular

Water Inside Quarters Behind Rear Wheels

My '93 is not rusted through anywhere on the body. There is a recent problem, however, that will cause the quarters behind the rear wheels to rust through. On the passenger's side, water gets into the cavity from splashing inside the fender. You can hold a garden hose there and see the water flow in. This will be relatively easy to fix with undercoating (I think). The other side, however, leaks water in from the rain when the car is not driven. It drips for days after a rain. There appears to be no drain hole. I cannot figure out where the leak is. And, would it be wise to put a drain hole in this side or both sides?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
GringoPete
AF Regular

Re: Water Inside Quarters Behind Rear Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocoogto
My '93 is not rusted through anywhere on the body. There is a recent problem, however, that will cause the quarters behind the rear wheels to rust through. On the passenger's side, water gets into the cavity from splashing inside the fender. You can hold a garden hose there and see the water flow in. This will be relatively easy to fix with undercoating (I think). The other side, however, leaks water in from the rain when the car is not driven. It drips for days after a rain. There appears to be no drain hole. I cannot figure out where the leak is. And, would it be wise to put a drain hole in this side or both sides?

Thanks.
I have the same problem with my LeSabre. Only its my front fenders where the water collects.
When you open the doors you can see a gulley inside the fender with wet sludge built up from poor draainage. i'm thinking that this is whats causing the mystery puddle under my drivers side floor mat. Email me or respond to this message if you find a fix.

Pete

petelombard2@hotmail.com
Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
bocoogto
AF Regular

So far, no answers. I do know, however, that the water is entering above the fender or wheel level. It collects water from rain, whether driving or sitting still.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
lexa399
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocoogto

Thanks.
My 94 Rodeo is doing the same thing. Wheneevr I drive and the ground is wet my rear passenger side seat floor becomes soaked. This only happens when I drive though. I have checked the cargo area for leaks and the wheel well. I have checked for rust, pulled back the carpet and have not been able to find the point where the water is getting in. I want to take car of this as I do not want the car to start to rust anywhere.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
bocoogto
AF Regular

Lexa399,

The problem with mine is on the driver's side. I corrected the problem on the passenger side with undercoating. The seams at the inner fenders were exposed just enough for water to leak in when driving through rain or puddles. I carefully applied undercoat to eliminate the problem. My problem on the driver's side, however, happens even when the car is sitting still in the rain. I suppose removing the inner panel from the cargo area and watching while squirting water on the outside of the quarter panel/window area would reveal where the leak is.

Any other ideas?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
electricmanbob
AF Newbie

I just repaired the rust on passenger side rear wheel. The power antenna was replaced with an aftermarket one. There's a drain hose on the unit and it drains into the quarter panel . There might have been a drain hole in there, if there was, it got plugged. I fixed the body + drilled a hole in the trunk behind the wheel well and stuck the hose through the hole + sealed around it with silicone.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
bocoogto
AF Regular

Mine is a wagon, so the problem is not the antenna. I guess I'll have to disassemble the driver's side inner trim and use a garden hose while someone watches where the water is coming from.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #8
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the dates of the posts and try not to post in those that have been inactive over 90 days. In fact there is a more current thread that is still active that deals on this subject. It can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=728153 . Please send all replies to that thread from now on. Thank you. Closed.

Side note. Does your vehicle have a roof rack? There have been instances with the wagons that have roof racks to develop this problem. Something else to consider looking into.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster