Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
REGGIECMANAGEMENT
AF Newbie

Are They Expensive To Repair

I Am Thinking About Buying A 1992 Up 3 Series Would You Say The Maintance Costs Are Expensive Or Not. And Are They Reliable In Your Experience
REGGIECMANAGEMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #2
323imankiks
AF Regular

basically yes they can be. My on this issues is if you find a car that the previous owner has not been taken care of it get ready for an expensive ride. Otherwise bmws 3 series have been pretty reliable cars and visiting dealership shouldn't be more than a couple of time a year if that. expect oil changes w/synthetic at least 80 or 90 dollars from dealer. if you are able to do yourself half of that. Each year car has its issues like any brand just look into that year and check different newsgroups and get ideas on them. These cars are wonderful to drive i enjoy mine it has a nice sporty feel with comfort that will not punish you in riding it even with four doors
Old 05-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
Skycity_BMW
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Skycity_BMW
My best suggestions is to do a car fax on it first to see if it's been in a accident or salvage. Also, find out about maint. records on the car, any documentation on the car would be very helpful. I've heard mixed stories on synthetic oil and regular oil, Not that there's nothing wrong with synthenic oil (sorry 323imankiks). I have a 92 325i and I've just used regular motor oil (castrol) and change it every 3,000 and my baby purr's like a kitten. There's a bunch of web sites to help you DIY and alot cheaper than taking it to the STEALER ! !

To help out with inspections, check out: http://www.bimmerzone.com/inspection.htm

and also see: http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/DIY.html

There's alot of sites to help you . .. plus all us forum junkies too . . .

Good luck and hope you experience "Ultimate Driving Machine"

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series