Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
nvirk
AF Newbie

Exclamation cleaning black 325ci

I have just bought a new black 2001 325ci coupe. Can anyone tell me how to keep the exterior of the car shinning all the time? can i just wipe the dust off or will that leave scratches? how to get rid of water spots due to rain and sprinklers?
I can't wash the car everyday, so is there any other way to clean it everyday?

I looove the black color but it is so hard to maintain.

nvirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 12:22 AM   #2
cracker196
AF Regular

Keeping the Bimmer clean...

Hey, congrats on the new car. I am very jelous. About keeping it clean, check out www.calcarcover.com. They have a duster that picks up dust without scratching the paint and car covers to keep the dust off. If you watch Crank & Chrome on TNN they had a great show on auto detailing. Check out their site and www.crankandchrome.com for more tips. The best idea is the duster, wich is quick and effective and the cover which keeps dust off and supposedly (I don't own one) breaths well so if it gets wet, water does not sit it evaporates. For such a nice car, I would try to keep it away from rain and sprinklers if possible anyway.

Hope it helps.
cracker196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:06 AM   #3
jag
AF Newbie

I would also try giving it a good wax job with a buffer. That way even if you do knock the dust off a few times the scratches will be on the wax not the paint. As far as keeping the water spots off good luck. After washing a good way to get rid of them is instead of a shami get out ur leaf blower. Just try and not bang it against the car. hehe But, seriously, the leaf blower works really well.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 02:24 AM   #4
jidunlap
AF Newbie

Pick up one of those california dusters like they have on TV. Believe it or not, they actually work in keeping your car clean between washes. I wash my car every week, polish every other week, wax every other week, but I'm a freak about detailing...
jidunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 05:03 AM   #5
Goodspeed
AF Newbie

Cleaning it up

If you want free information reguarding cleaning and detailing of your vehicle look over the following link: http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/?page=detailing
Here you will find almost 30 pages of helpful tips and techniques professionals use. Enjoy!