Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
michaeljohara
AF Newbie

Need Side Molding for Estate Wagon

Hi,

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I very much need replacement body side molding for a 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon - actually, molding from any of these full-size GM Buick Estate or Chevy Caprice wagons from 91 to 96 may work. The factory wood grain molding is a thin decal that seems to peel off on many of these wagons. Any ideas where I could turn? Thanks.

Michael O'Hara
Mt. Pleasant, SC
michaeljohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
tman
Pimpin' ain't easy

Send a message via AIM to tman
Re: Need Side Molding for Estate Wagon

I have no idea, maybe ebay, or buicks.net. [Joke!]Other than that, a trip to lowes for some plywood and varnish might not be a bad idea! [/Joke!]

tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
gn1220
AF Regular

Go to ImpallaSSforum.com and go to the wagon section. This is a HUGE problem for us wagon guys and we have yet to find a good replacement. I am in the process of buying a complete set of trim from a board member and I think I'm going to paint mine white to match the car until someone makes a product that will give me back the wood look.
gn1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
ROADMASTERS
AF Newbie

Roadmaster Estate Wagon Trim

There Is A Refinish Kit The Is On Ebay (under Buick Roadmaster Estate) It Is A Rather Quick And Inexpensive Effective Remedy. I Used It And Was Pleased Did The Whole Car For 85.00 + About 4 Hours Of Time ? It Is Not ( Exact Replacement Decal ) But The Look Is Real Pleasing And Above All Else ( Permanant ).
ROADMASTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
gn1220
AF Regular

Re: Roadmaster Estate Wagon Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADMASTERS
There Is A Refinish Kit The Is On Ebay (under Buick Roadmaster Estate) It Is A Rather Quick And Inexpensive Effective Remedy. I Used It And Was Pleased Did The Whole Car For 85.00 + About 4 Hours Of Time ? It Is Not ( Exact Replacement Decal ) But The Look Is Real Pleasing And Above All Else ( Permanant ).
Please go to ImpalaSS.com and post pics of your tim in the wagon section. A fellow member there contacted the guy selling that kit on e-bay and had less than desirable results talking with him. The only pics he showed of before and after weren't even the same car. I (we) would like to see your results and hear first hand how you did this.

Another option would be to buy the long strips for the quarter panel and trim them to fit the doors, fenders and tailgate. This requires buying several strips but it is new GM trim.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
ROADMASTERS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Roadmaster Estate Wagon Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn1220
Please go to ImpalaSS.com and post pics of your tim in the wagon section. A fellow member there contacted the guy selling that kit on e-bay and had less than desirable results talking with him. The only pics he showed of before and after weren't even the same car. I (we) would like to see your results and hear first hand how you did this.

Another option would be to buy the long strips for the quarter panel and trim them to fit the doors, fenders and tailgate. This requires buying several strips but it is new GM trim.
The kit came with 2 cans of on automotive type paint , tape and easy to follow instructions. a base coat which does a good job of adhearing to the existing trim and a mist coat. The colors are a very good match. ( I was real pleased ) The car looked real bad and the trim was the only thing making it look nasty ! ( It is not a decal it is permanant ) unless you are 6" away it looks as a factory trim. for 85.00 and an afternoon it is a inexpensive and straight forward fix ? worked for me : )
Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #7
gn1220
AF Regular

Could you please explain how 2 cans of paint cost $85?! Please show some pics of your completed trim.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
ROADMASTERS
AF Newbie

Re: Need Side Molding for Estate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn1220
Could you please explain how 2 cans of paint cost $85?! Please show some pics of your completed trim.
That was the buy in know price on the auction ? It was a kit ? if you go to the auction he has a bunch of pictures all posted. As to 85.00 eek. To do the whole car for 85.00 ? I was pleased to have the car looking good and the trim matching + I did not have to remove the trim! ( that is usually a nightmare) That molding stuff is hard to find and very very expensive. Just a suggestion ?? I do not see any where to post a picture ?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster