Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 01:47 AM   #1
UltraNate
AF Newbie

PA Ultra Concert Sound III

I have a 2000 PA Ultra with the 9 speaker premium sound system. I'm trying to find any wiring diagrams for it. It also has the factory amp in the trunk. I'd like to replace the system even if I must rewire the whole thing but I can't find any help. I'm stumped & ready to strangle myself rather than listen to another minute of pop radio
UltraNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
Foolzrushn
AF Newbie

Re: PA Ultra Concert Sound III

I have a ‘98 with that system. I think it sounds pretty good after tweaking the controls. My solution to music source was one of the bluetooth MP3 players on Ebay you plug into the cigar lighter in the dash. Then you listen to what is on an SD micro chip or thru your smart phone. Much easier and less costly than changing the system. Two caveats. Get an MP3 player that allows switching music folders or you will need to have all artists in one big folder. And second, the most common player that switches folders does not have a plug long enough to fit into the PA dash lighter. I had to fabricate a male/female extension from a plug and a socket stuck together with E6000 glue. This gets the player where you can see it to take phone calls (you can’t do that from the lighter socket in the front of the seat). Unfortunately the player with the flexible neck will not switch folders. I bought one and found out. So for $20 and a little fabrication you can upgrade your system’s functions. Another option I considered was switching the internals of the two players that are the same shape externally, but the cases appear to be glued (easier to make the extension).

Last edited by Foolzrushn; 05-21-2021 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spell checker goofs
Foolzrushn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue