Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 05:24 PM   #46
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
ah well, i'm gettin a 3000 GT TT for my b-day probably ^_^ i'll mod it then i'll be eatin the ferrari's around town... lool.
your b-day being in april '86, that makes you 15. im sorry if this offends you, but i think it would be a huge mistake to get such a car as your first. unless you have somehow taken performance driving courses you'll end up wrapping it around a post. id love to know how youre gonna insure it too.
i urge you to reconsider

cheers
jay
Old 11-26-2001, 08:32 PM   #47
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Para where in Poland do you live?? i just wanna know the city name

I think my car was just fast enough for my first car...... i wanna get a Supra now though

but when i was 16 i was driving my dad's Jaguar XJR, which is almost as fast as a 3000GT and my dad's SL500 is pretty quick too..... i could control those easily since they so many driver aids that Ferraris and other sports cars don't have. but i'm also not an idiot, i don't race other cars in public places with lots of people walkin around. Maybe at night when there is nobody around and some guy thinks he's tough
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-27-2001, 10:51 AM   #48
para22
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to para22
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
Para where in Poland do you live?? i just wanna know the city name
Lodz , it has some special lettering , thought , and it won't appear here on the board.... it's pretty close to the capital , Warsaw , it's only 127km , but it's a big city , almost 1 million population... Actually i don't live "in" the city , but pretty close , like 30 minutes driving to the city center... for what do you need that?

Anyway 328 enough fast for your first car? Damn , when i was young the first car that i was driving was my dad's skoda with blistering 1100cc enine , than i bought a fiat 125p with my friend , it had 1500 engine with 75 hp , it ruled:bandit: , for that times...:finger: , but that was the communism , and now it's hella better.... :sun:
Old 11-27-2001, 03:45 PM   #49
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

just wondering cause my mom has some family in poland, near krakow

i know the spelling you're talking about Lodz is spelt with the L with the line through it not pronounced like L
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-27-2001, 09:37 PM   #50
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

para, for a convertible, i'd say you go with the 355 spider. from what i've heard they are built better than lambo's and can be driven daily.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:41 AM   #51
para22
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder927
para, for a convertible, i'd say you go with the 355 spider. from what i've heard they are built better than lambo's and can be driven daily.
That's my favourite... it's not as loud (with looks i mean) as an lambo , but still it's the bomb... anyway lambo has WAY better performance , but driving it's just like showing to all the pepole... but i still love it thought and if i get the money i will get a diablo roadster.... built quality? I drive my BMW when i need it... Daily driving? With a 2 seater cabriolet with no trunk and hard suspension (we have really bad roads here) ... :silly2: ... i don't need a ferrari for daily driving purposes... because it's nonsensical... if you can have only one car which you want to drive crazy sometimes and still have a good daily driver / family car you can get like M5 , E55 , S55 , S6 , S8 , RS4 is you are smaller and can fit in and so on...
Old 11-28-2001, 02:05 PM   #52
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I'm sure Prestige Imports would ship a Lambo to you, so you could get it right away
Old 12-02-2001, 03:58 AM   #53
para22
AF Regular

Maybe they can , but us spec lambos are more expensive and have worse (a little , but still) performance due too emision rates and so on...
Old 12-13-2001, 05:03 PM   #54
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
I have a friend that has a 250 GTO kit car, it looks like the real thing. He was 17 when he first started driving it.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
Old 12-21-2001, 11:03 AM   #55
Marita
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Marita Send a message via Yahoo to Marita
i have a friend who owns a diablo, ferrari (forgot what model), viper, benz c55, escalade, and some other toys...i dont know how he got his money but i hear he won the lottery and goes to vegas every week or other week...something like that...all i have to say is...Must Be Nice...

Old 12-29-2001, 01:03 AM   #56
Melis
AF Regular

A 3000GT....

Quote:
Originally posted by blatch
let the rich be rich...

ah well, i'm gettin a 3000 GT TT for my b-day probably ^_^ i'll mod it then i'll be eatin the ferrari's around town... lool.
Thats what I drive except I have the 'SL' model-I couldn't imagine having the SL much less a VR-4 twin turbo at 15??? I'd be careful-

I'm 22 -never been to a racing school or course-just the local dragway a few times and I'm looking into purchasing a VR-4 because like most I can't afford a Ferrari or NSX but I do think I can handle a high performance vehicle

~1997 3000GT SL //RPS Stage II clutch//iRotors (true)crossdrilled & slotted//
Axxis Metal Masters pads (Yellow calipers)//Intrax//18x8.5 ADR Cypher Gunmetal rims//
2.5" test pipe*K&N & removed resonator//Sony Xplode (system & speakers)
~1999 3000GT VR-4-Stock
*Website* http://melis3000gt.bravehost.com
Old 12-29-2001, 10:53 AM   #57
crayzayjay
CFA

Ideally i want to take a few performance driving courses before purchasing a fast car, it makes a lot of sense to know how things work and have somewhere to practice the techniques. right now i mess around a little on local roads (only when im positive its safe to do so), but my 1.6 golf doesnt exactly set the world on fire. i live in london so theres not much space, the roads are too narrow
most people do think they can handle a performance car until they run out of talent doing something stupid and end up writing the car off.. know the car and know your limits, the rest will fall into place.

cheers
jay
Old 01-07-2002, 08:48 PM   #58
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
And when you start exploring the limits, do it on a racetrack! Not a famous one, a little one with large run-off areas for when you lose it.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:39 AM   #59
japan_freak
AF Newbie

ferrari with 16 years

Mhh.. Ferraris are not very very powerful the most teenagers drive with 16 or 17 years an toyota or anything tuned with 600hp thats powerful but an ferrari with 16 thats cooool :frog:
Old 08-17-2002, 09:53 AM   #60
crayzayjay
CFA

No, you're absolutely right; 400-odd horsepower is kids' stuff.... not very powerful at all

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion