Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 08:31 PM   #16
crayzayjay
CFA

let's not compare ferraris to toyotas or hondas please.. it shows a lack of respect

cheers
jay
Old 11-17-2001, 02:23 PM   #17
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay
let's not compare ferraris to toyotas or hondas please.. it shows a lack of respect

cheers
jay
lol, i know it's disrespectful, but that's how fast a 308 is
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-17-2001, 07:15 PM   #18
crayzayjay
CFA

so which would you choose

anyway, arent 308's a little quicker than that?

cheers
jay
Old 11-17-2001, 09:12 PM   #19
dejoux
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dejoux
0-60mph and 1/4 mile times

1977 Ferrari 308 GTB --- 8.2 --- 17.0
1980 Ferrari 308 GTS --- 6.9 --- 14.9
1981 Ferrari 308 - Dino GT4 --- 7.8
1981 Ferrari 308 GTSi --- 7.9
1983 Ferrari 308 GTBi Quattrovalvole --- 6.8 --- 15.2

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Old 11-18-2001, 01:08 PM   #20
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

okay so the V6 versions of the camry and accord are a bit faster than the 308

btw, i'd still much rather have the 308
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-18-2001, 02:54 PM   #21
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
Well, this is 2 decades ago. And let's not forget, the 308 is not the greatest Ferrari.
Old 11-18-2001, 03:50 PM   #22
para22
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to para22
Question Talking about sedans vs classic ferrari

What is all about this mid-class sedans versus classic ferrari talk?
How you dare to compare it?

It's a shame , and how could a kid drive a classic on daily purposes , ferraris ain't for teenagers , or maybe a kid with really rich parents will get a lambo or ferrari on his 18th birthday , lucky bastards...
But if so they always take the newest one...

Anyway 308 vs camry , let's meet on the track , and see how this underpowered 70's ferrari smokes you really bad...

I am lucky enough to have a ferrari , my dream car from high school , because it was introduced when i was in the last class of high school and i have dreamt of owning it since then and now i have a red testarossa , and you know what , i'll never race any camry or so on... I also really rarely race , when i have had weaker cars i was like racing and so on , but now the thing that i know i would beat the shi* out of them is enough , sometimes when i see a nice car , a porche , another ferrari , aston or so , i 'll drive fast , to see more of that cars , but i'm not into "racing" with those loud GTIs , civics or whatnot which rev their engines next to me on the lights and launch hard with burnout...

Of course sometimes i have to press the pedal , sometimes just to hear that beautiful song of the V12 , because it's an incredible sound when it's on the go...

There's something so special about ferrari's engine sound... when my friend rented a modena once , it had a radio , but i don't know if it's any good because we didn't turn it on at all , but when we were coming into a tunnel ...
windows down and rev the engine hard to the max...
that's crazy... anyway the sweetest one i have heard is an F40 , i was going near frankfurt and saw a red one.... impressive , anyway i wasn't driving any "proper" car so when the guy decided to accelerate , i couldn't do anything to see him any longer... he just vanished in the air

Ok enough of this...
Old 11-18-2001, 06:30 PM   #23
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Re: Talking about sedans vs classic ferrari

Quote:
Originally posted by para22
the guy decided to accelerate , i couldn't do anything to see him any longer... he just vanished in the air

Most F40's are very good at doing that.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 11-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #24
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Para22 the thread is about teenagers that have Ferraris and if they are able to drive these cars safely.... i was just saying that a 308 isn't very quick about the speed of a camry. So all i meant was that a teenager could control a 308 no problem
Old 11-18-2001, 07:39 PM   #25
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

I've rode in a 308. It was the first Ferrari I ever knew. Is it a boring car? Absolutely not. But for a Ferrari, you'd exect a little more. It's not their greatest performer, it's their greatest seller.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:42 PM   #26
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by MBTN
I've rode in a 308. It was the first Ferrari I ever knew. Is it a boring car? Absolutely not. But for a Ferrari, you'd exect a little more. It's not their greatest performer, it's their greatest seller.
i know that... i'm not trying to put down the 308 or talk about the specs etc. and compare it to other cars. i'm just saying that a teen would be able to control it easily.... so not all Ferraris are really bad for teens to drive
Old 11-18-2001, 09:00 PM   #27
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Gang$starr
Para22 the thread is about teenagers that have Ferraris and if they are able to drive these cars safely
i totally agree... theres nothing wrong with a 20 year old driving a ferrari as long as he/she is a mature driver, also with experience of driving performance cars.

cheers
jay
Old 11-18-2001, 09:09 PM   #28
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Para22
It's a shame , and how could a kid drive a classic on daily purposes , ferraris ain't for teenagers , or maybe a kid with really rich parents will get a lambo or ferrari on his 18th birthday , lucky bastards...
my 20th b-day is coming up so lets hope daddy's been saving up
Quote:
But if so they always take the newest one
nah.. if i was to choose a ferrari i'd ask for an F355 in silver... no wait.... yellow.. no wait... red... oh what the hell i'm not picky about colours.... as long as its a 355 i dont care!!

cheers
jay

ps. how have you found your testarossa? have you driven other ferraris? if so how does it compare? my uncle wanted to buy one but wasnt sure...
Old 11-18-2001, 10:54 PM   #29
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

They say the Testarossa is a pig to drive. Hard to steer at low speeds, it's big and heavy; hard to drive. Oh yeah, and it's bloody fast.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:19 PM   #30
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i sure as hell wouldn't mind one!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion