Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 09:03 PM   #1
JE123
AF Enthusiast

Teenagers and Ferraris

Does anybody know of a teenager who drives a Ferrari? That would be the coolest thing. Imagine driving to school in a Ferrari F50. That is one thing I can only dream about.

One more thing, How old do you have to be to rent a Ferrari?
Old 11-11-2001, 09:34 PM   #2
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

I don't think this is true, but i heard that a daddy bought his daughter a new Ferrari, then one week later she totalled it, and daddy had to buy her a beater instead(probably a mercedes)
Old 11-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #3
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
Exclamation

Well, a young, inexperienced mind in a car like a Ferrari is a dangerous mix. If you think you can handle it, then you are wrong.
Old 11-12-2001, 03:48 PM   #4
crayzayjay
CFA

I too am very much against very young people driving very fast cars.. unless you have a sensible head on your shoulders it is wisest to delay the purchase of a high performance vehicle until you have some experience, no matter how much cash you have... people try to kid themselves into thinking that they are good drivers because they go fast... a friend of mine (20) has a 328Ci and he is one of the worst drivers ever.. I have no idea how he has been driving for 2 years without ever crashing... as you can imagine for someone so young to have such a nice car he must be loaded (which he is), and he recently mentioned that he wanted to rent out an M3 over a weekend in the South of France. ive been trying to hint that it may not be such a good idea but he's very keen... what can i say... some people are just born reckless....
even worse than this guy is my cousin's best friend... his very first car was a 5l. Mustang, in which he had a horrible accident, and in doing so a very good friend of his who was sitting in the passenger seat lost his life .... he was in hospital for months and when he was healthy enough to come out he had no idea what had happened (although i suspect he might know, just not able to face up to it)... seeing that the Mustang was totalled, what did his filthy rich parents do?? thats right, they bought him an E36 M3, i think it was... and the last i heard he was complaining that it wasnt fast enough so he wanted his parents to buy him something faster... as far as im concerned i dont want to know anymore, that situation is sick...
this just goes to show how ugly situations can get when the wrong driver is in a fast car... no matter how tempting it is to skip straight through to the Fezza's and Porkers, everyone has to "serve time" in something less exotic, just to understand and master the mechanics of car control... in an ideal world everyone would enrol in an advanced driving course as im sure that would help to no end.... road deaths are things that really trouble me, theres nothing more disturbing that driving/walking by a big car crash, knowing that the people inside were seriously injured/killed...
sorry for the rather low-beat message, but road safety is something that should be taken very seriously

cheers
jay
Old 11-12-2001, 09:08 PM   #5
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Well Lambo_Boy on here got a Lamborghini Diablo when he was 18 years old, and now he's not even 20 yet and he's got a Ferrari F40.... because he was tired of his Diablo

but a 20 year old guy on my street has a Viper..... i've driven a Ferrari and i'm 17. But i don't know anybody personally who actually has their own Ferrari, just people that have driven their parents or parents friend's
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-12-2001, 10:31 PM   #6
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
How much experience is needed? I think Ferrari should run a driving school upon purchase liek they do with the CLK GTR, 400 HP is alot of HP, for anyone, especially people under 20. Also us youngins get pumped up easily with fast cars. I'd perosnally like to take a Ferrari to it's limits, but I'd die in the process so I'll wait until I get much more experience. Especially in panic situations. (I'd hate to so much as scratch a Ferrari in any situation)

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 11-13-2001, 01:17 AM   #7
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
I'm sure anyone could drive that car at sensible speeds around town and what not. The deception for them though is that they can handle it going fast, which is where things go wrong.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:11 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I would be scared shitless trying to get a Ferrari to go to it's limits
That would really be scary
The ones i've driven i barely took over the limit

It's alright for a kid to have a Ferrari 308 though that's nothin special
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-13-2001, 04:56 PM   #9
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
It's alright for a kid to have a Ferrari 308 though that's nothin special
What?????????????? its a Ferrari, special enough!
Old 11-13-2001, 06:15 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder927
What?????????????? its a Ferrari, special enough!
lol, i knew somebody would comment on that
but like anybody can afford a 308 and it isn't anything spectacular in the performance area
Old 11-14-2001, 02:09 PM   #11
crayzayjay
CFA

YEAH, BUT ITS A FERRARI!!!

I would kill for (almost) any Ferrari!!
the 308 is an affordable dream and im glad it exists... I dont care if it doesnt set the world on fire in terms of performance.. i mean, look at the 246 Dino... Pretty slow for a ferrari but one of the most beautiful things on this planet.. oh yeah, and its a ferrari too....

cheers
jay
Old 11-14-2001, 02:23 PM   #12
CraigFL
AF Regular

It's certainly more fun than having no Ferrari.....
Old 11-14-2001, 02:45 PM   #13
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Ferrari or no Ferrari, any high performance car in the hands of someone inexperienced is a danger to all motorist. First you have someone who is bound to let his ego control his rationale and if someone revs him, what do you think is going to happen. Second, not having the experience, liable to get someone and himself killed. It's nice to own a beast of a machine, when you know it's limits and yours.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:10 PM   #14
crayzayjay
CFA

Exactly my point..
What makes a good driver is knowing his limits
Old 11-14-2001, 09:53 PM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i think you guys misunderstood me..... i kinda worded that wrong

What i mean is, i think a 308 is an exception, because it wouldn't be bad if a teenager drove one. It's about as fast as a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry

so if a teenager wants a Ferrari (308) then i don't think there's a problem with that.... but if it's a performer than maybe there should be like a Ferrari drivers test, that way no dumbass will get behind the wheel of a powerful Ferrari

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion