Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
emazda2
AF Newbie

Unhappy 91 mazda b2200 crank no start

I bought this 91 b2200 5spd carb a few months back and ever since it has sputtered worse and worse. When I give it gas or stop it stalls out sometimes. Well it stalled out on me while I was giving it gas, then it wouldn't start back up. I towed it home and changed the fuel pump (didn't need it) I changed the distributor cap and rotor and coil. I got it started with a little trouble then adjusted the idle screw and it was running fine until it started sputtering again and died on me at a stop light. couldn't get it started so I towed it home and now I don't know what the next step would be. HELP PLEASE

Keep in mind ive ruled out a fuel delivery problem. Im going to change the spark plugs now
emazda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: 91 mazda b2200 crank no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by emazda2 View Post
I bought this 91 b2200 5spd carb a few months back and ever since it has sputtered worse and worse. When I give it gas or stop it stalls out sometimes. Well it stalled out on me while I was giving it gas, then it wouldn't start back up. I towed it home and changed the fuel pump (didn't need it) I changed the distributor cap and rotor and coil. I got it started with a little trouble then adjusted the idle screw and it was running fine until it started sputtering again and died on me at a stop light. couldn't get it started so I towed it home and now I don't know what the next step would be. HELP PLEASE

Keep in mind ive ruled out a fuel delivery problem. Im going to change the spark plugs now
Before you start throwing parts at it, do some diagnosis. Eliminate what is working first. Do you have spark down to the plugs? Are plugs wet or dry? Will it start with starting fluid? How's compression? Timing?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
emazda2
AF Newbie

Re: 91 mazda b2200 crank no start

Well the old spark plugs were in really bad shape. I swapped them and cranked it and it started right up. Although it is still sputtering. Ive read various threads on the same problem with this truck and I saw something about a vacuum diaphragm in the carburetor? I don't know much about carbs
emazda2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter