Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
j cAT
AF Fanatic

GM is bankrupt

Gm once the most powerful automotive manufacturer in the world is going down the bankruptcy road...this company has for some reason thought it could produce any vehicle it wanted and the stupid people of the world would buy it ...after all it is a GM product..the management currently leading this once mighty organization have failed to see that the world is a lot different today with some pretty solid competition in the production of high mileage high quality vehicles..

Gm refuses to design and put into production a high quaity /mileage vehicle so My opinion is you must find your own way out...in other words no federal free money so your company can just produce more defective unwanted vehicles.

I would like to hear for others ....do you feel we in the US should give GM a free 25 billion dollars?
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: GM is bankrupt

after watching the CEO of these us automakers on cspan I feel badly for all the autoworkers past and present ....these management leaders should at least be removed, and with whats going to happen to these workers they should be thrown in jail...

I'm sure management will profit from any bankruptcy that occurs...
while the retired and workers let go search for work at walmart .

I wish I made 36 million a year!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
Autotropolis12
AF Newbie

Smile Re: GM is bankrupt

It is certainly a miserable situation for GM. Frankly speaking; I am die-hard fan of GM products. I have purchased my personal GM car through ‘autotropolis’ and never get disappointed with quality.
Today, at a news conference in Detroit, the U.A.W.’s president, Ron Gettelfinger, said that his members were willing to sacrifice job security provisions and financing for retiree health care to keep the two most troubled car companies of the Big Three, General Motors and Chrysler, out of bankruptcy.
It was really very nice news to know about public sentiment on GM issues.
Autotropolis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: GM is bankrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotropolis12
It is certainly a miserable situation for GM. Frankly speaking; I am die-hard fan of GM products. I have purchased my personal GM car through ‘autotropolis’ and never get disappointed with quality.
Today, at a news conference in Detroit, the U.A.W.’s president, Ron Gettelfinger, said that his members were willing to sacrifice job security provisions and financing for retiree health care to keep the two most troubled car companies of the Big Three, General Motors and Chrysler, out of bankruptcy.
It was really very nice news to know about public sentiment on GM issues.
a way to help these domestic auto companies is to give all a tax deduction for the purchase and financing of a new domestic vehicle...this will increase sales...and if its a high mileage vehicle make the deduction sweeter..

this is a sales problem...they have to keep these vehicles moving the dealers are going under...we need a quick fix...time is ticking and soon its all over...with the year to end shortly these tax deductions NOW would definately boost sales..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk