Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mountaineer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
bigmann245
AF Newbie

2000 Mercury Mountaineer all 4 windows not working

My son held the rear passenger window button in the up position at the same time his mother held the driver side front button for the same window in the down position and now all 4 windows do not work at all, up or down. FYI he passed gas and thought it was funny to lock in the smell. Anyway, I checked all fuses in the drivers side panel and under the hood. I also swapped all relays under the hood with the same part number to see if the problem followed a specific relay and it did not. I am pretty sure it is a module somewhere I just do not where they are located.
bigmann245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2000 Mercury Mountaineer all 4 windows not working

The way the switches are wired, there really should not have been any damage from two folks trying to operate the same window in opposite directions at the same time. It sounds like your wife needs to take advantage of the window lock button on the future to make sure she maintains control.

That being said, you should re-check the feed for the Battery Saver Relay, fuse 4 (30A) in the Battery Junction Box.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
bigmann245
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Mercury Mountaineer all 4 windows not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
The way the switches are wired, there really should not have been any damage from two folks trying to operate the same window in opposite directions at the same time. It sounds like your wife needs to take advantage of the window lock button on the future to make sure she maintains control.

That being said, you should re-check the feed for the Battery Saver Relay, fuse 4 (30A) in the Battery Junction Box.

-Rod
Thank you for your response I will check the fuse when my wife gets home from work. The thing is the windows worked fine until they fooled around with the switches and that's when they stopped working. weird I know but none the less that's when all the windows stopped working so it has to be something in common. The lights on the drivers switch panel work fine but I checked and there is no power going to any of the switches on the doors or the drivers panel. Whatever supplies the power should be the problem and I am hoping it is the fuse you said. I visually checked all the fuses as well as I took a known good fuse and replaced all the fuses in the drivers side fuse panel one at a time to be sure that wasn't the problem. Again thank you for your reply and I will check that fuse when she gets back.
bigmann245 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mountaineer