Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
TroySimps
AF Newbie

2004 Silverado AC Grinding Noise

Hi,

My '04 Silverado makes a weird noise when switching it on or off. It also makes the noise when switching between floor and dash vents. Best way to describe it is a low frequency grinding sound. I'm not talking about the clicking sound that seems so popular with this model truck. It has that too, but this is something different. It does it every time I change a setting on the AC. It does not occur when changing from cold to hot.

My truck also has the issue where it will blow cold at first then blow hot air just on Driver side. Turning the truck off then on seems to fix that.

I've googled around but don't know enough about HVAC systems to know exactly what to search for to help me fix the issue.

Anyone have/know of this problem before and know how to fix it?
TroySimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2004 Silverado AC Grinding Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroySimps View Post
Hi,

My '04 Silverado makes a weird noise when switching it on or off. It also makes the noise when switching between floor and dash vents. Best way to describe it is a low frequency grinding sound. I'm not talking about the clicking sound that seems so popular with this model truck. It has that too, but this is something different. It does it every time I change a setting on the AC. It does not occur when changing from cold to hot.

My truck also has the issue where it will blow cold at first then blow hot air just on Driver side. Turning the truck off then on seems to fix that.Anyone have/know of this problem before and know how to fix it?
The ac uses step motors now. years ago this was powered by vacuum..

so any issues with temp/vent control would be the step motors and if the air box has debris of critters stuck in there this is what happens.. in texas area lizard critters..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Tdragone
AF Regular

Re: 2004 Silverado AC Grinding Noise

I haven't been on this forum in a while; but the issue you want to search for is the 'blend door' My 2002 is now 'affected' http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ght=blend+door
Tdragone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado