Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Ignition Key with chip

1998 626 LX. Car only came with one key and remote. Initially called the local dealer and ask if this key had a chip. I was told no. Had a blank cut. Car started and ran for a second couple times then would not turn over. So I took that issue that I actually have a chip in the key. I found a couple sites that sell keys but one stated that I would need two keys that are already programmed before I could program another key. Anyone know for sure?
aleekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Mx5guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mx5guy Send a message via Yahoo to Mx5guy
Re: Ignition Key with chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat View Post
1998 626 LX. Car only came with one key and remote. Initially called the local dealer and ask if this key had a chip. I was told no. Had a blank cut. Car started and ran for a second couple times then would not turn over. So I took that issue that I actually have a chip in the key. I found a couple sites that sell keys but one stated that I would need two keys that are already programmed before I could program another key. Anyone know for sure?
Your best approach will be to contact an independent locksmith and avoid an unnecessary up-charge by your dealer is what they will do as most dealers have no dedicated car alarm tech in their facilities.
Mx5guy is offline   Reply With Quote