Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
65PlyFuryIIIWagon
AF Newbie

65 Plymouth Fury 111 Stationwagon

Tlll[B I Have recently been returned my deceased dads 65 plymouth fury 111 wagon V8 COMMANDO it has been sitting for about 3 Years prior to being returned to me. Anyway I put a new fuel pump new fuel filter, Fuel lines, new plugs and wires. It starts and idles beautifully as long as I don't give it gas. It will die then I have to reprime it and starts up. I got some gum out carb cleaner spray but I think I need to take off the top of carb? Anyway here is a pic of carb. Should I just order a new carb? I'm think my engine is a 383 or 318 can't remember what my dad and brother told me along time ago and their no longer alive.What kind of carb is it? If you could helpme I really thank you, Kathy I use to work on cars but stopped until now.

Last edited by 65PlyFuryIIIWagon; 04-14-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: forgot photos
65PlyFuryIIIWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Duster360
AF Newbie

Re: 65 Plymouth Fury 111 Stationwagon

if the distributor is in the front it is most likely a 383. Motors with distributors in back are old style 318, new style 318, 273, 340, and of course some of the old hemi's
Duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duster360 For This Useful Post:
65PlyFuryIIIWagon (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
65PlyFuryIIIWagon
AF Newbie

Oh yes the distributor is in front. Thank you very much. So perhaps you can shed sone lught why it dies when I give it gas. Should I just spray some more gumout in carb since it has been parked and not started for years? Or get a new carb? Thank you for your help. Kathy. Oh I tried to send photo but it won't let me on phone
65PlyFuryIIIWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
Duster360
AF Newbie

first is it a 2 barrel carb or 4 barrel carb. if you know that then do you know what kind of carb it is. if its a 2 barrel should be a carter. if its a 4 barrel could be a holley or if its the original it also should be a carter.
if its a holley you would need to go to a speed shop and ask the owner of the speed shop in your area who is the best on holley carbs and take it to him, not everyone is a good holley repair man usually someone that drag races will be your best bet on a holley. if its a carter i probably would get a rebuilt one, but you could also ask your local speed shop if any one that shops there uses carter carbs and he could rebuild it. never take a carb to a general repair shop usually they aren't good with carbs unless they are involved in either street racing or drag racing. i used to do both and when i got started i learned the hard way about carbs. if i can help in any way let me know don't know where you are but i am in alabama.
Duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duster360 For This Useful Post:
65PlyFuryIIIWagon (04-16-2014)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury