Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
98gpking
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to 98gpking
Re: Lamborghinis truely suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno247365
Dem's fightin words

ok so i may have a few wrong points. but if a car capable of running 200mph shouldnt it be built with better quality then the materials found in a volkswagon beetle whos not capable of more then 105.

all im saying is for the price you pay for a lambo, ferrari, Mclaren, saleem, bugatti, rolls royce and so on. id just EXPECT more. you can obviously get the exact same thing out of a new vette, or RT-8 charger pretty much what you pay for is the name. but i guess thats how the world revolves. nike shoes are no better then walmart IN MOST CASES but they are 100 bucks more.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #17
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Like I said, you don't understand supercars.

They're not for you.

Go buy a Porsche.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #18
98gpking
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster
Like I said, you don't understand supercars.

They're not for you.

Go buy a Porsche.

then since you seem know so much about them and i seem to be missing the point. why dont you enlighten me. seeing as your an AF counselor.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #19
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gpking
all im saying is for the price you pay for a lambo, ferrari, Mclaren, saleem, bugatti, rolls royce and so on. id just EXPECT more. you can obviously get the exact same thing out of a new vette, or RT-8 charger pretty much what you pay for is the name. but i guess thats how the world revolves. nike shoes are no better then walmart IN MOST CASES but they are 100 bucks more.
so, was this just another thread started with the intention of saying that american cars are better cos they're cheaper and that the more expensive european cars aren't worth the money?

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #20
98gpking
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
so, was this just another thread started with the intention of saying that american cars are better cos they're cheaper and that the more expensive european cars aren't worth the money?
nope i belive the topic name is LAMBORGHINIS TRUELY SUCK. but its turned into more of a thread as to why im an idiot. i guess seing your a moderator you could delete it if you want its not even about the topic anymore
Old 11-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

It never ends...

if you haven't driven a lamborghini or atleast seen one, then you can't talk. Same goes for the vette and/or viper. He's questioning the price of supercars, we're questioning the quality of cheaper cars. It's an interesting queston because the new american sports cars are breaking ground in the supercar world.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

tell me, what never ends?
also, please tell me what new ground american supercars are breaking?

Read them.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #23
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
tell me, what never ends?
also, please tell me what new ground american supercars are breaking?
It just seems that there's so much fighting on the subject that facts get twisted and lost. I like the corvette, you like the lambo, someone else likes a skyline and there's so much bias together that you'll forget what you're arguing about. Are we saying that supercars are too much money or are we saying the corvette should be built more like a lamborghini? Or are we saying that a lamborghini should be built like the corvette? What are we saying here?

The new corvette, viper, GT and back to the saleen, yeah that saleen. They're handling better then ever(historically) and gaining some serious power upgrades from factory(500-600hp), and whether this was intentional or not, they're competing with the supercar category, the italian sport cars and the german speed monsters.

I think the contraversy is over where exactly all the money goes to, power or safety? design or brand names?

Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #24
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

and where have I been less than objective?

Read them.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #25
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and where have I been less than objective?
I didn't say it was your fault, before my post you only posted once. Jimster is suggesting that gp doesn't understand supercars, while gp is saying that supercars are too expensive, these are just theories.

I agree that we bypassed the original question, and the answer was that all cars could have recalls, none are exempt (invincible) no matter how much money you spend on them. Then gp started saying that Lambos don't deserve such a high sticker price and that it should include more or be cheaper. Lamorghinis already have A LOT to offer to the driver, but it's not a Mercedes Benz S-Class where the car can drive itself. Is this why he's all bent out of shape?
Maybe, but now I myself am interested in why a brand new Z06 is cheaper then a Lambo. They're both fast but what's in the Lambo that isn't in the Z06?

(thanks for ignoring my whole previous post)

Old 11-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #26
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

There's a reason the Lambo is more expensive than a Z06. Firstly, how many man hours go into a Z06? Not a lot, the Lamborghini is completely handbuilt and doesn't skimp on materials the way the Z06 does, secondly there are probably as many Z06's built in a month as there are Lamborghinis built in a year, lower volumes = higher prices to cover costs. Then you have the US specific stuffs, such as tarriffs and shipping.

Then there's the fact that the Lamborghini simply can sell a car for $150,000, Chevrolet would get laughed out of business if they tried the same thing.

You're effectively saying, why get a 5 course meal specially cooked by Gordon Ramsay when you can go to a Texas steak house?

A Supercar is a purchase of the heart, not the head, you buy a supercar because that particular one grabs your heart, the buyer of an F430 does not usually test drive a Gallardo (Well they do, but not with a view to buy one, usually a view to thrash someone elses car), compare the bootspace etc and vice versa like the buyer of a Camry or Accord does, they simply walk into whichever showroom stocks the car they love and put the money down and wait, simple as that.

This I learned after working with Alfa Romeos for 3 years, practicality means shit all when a car can make you weak at the knees. Something a Porsche (Except maybe the CGT) or Corvette could never do.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #27
jveik
AF Enthusiast

haha!!!

a supercar isnt a purchase of something you feel in your heart. its a purchase of "im gonna get a ton of beaver with this thing." the majority of rich dudes that have supercars, if they wreck the car, dont care one bit and just buy another one just like it. its not like the dude driving the family hand-me-down chevelle or rusty old truck that sheds a tear if it gets stolen or totalled in a wreck. Its called sentimental value lol and its what makes people keep their crappy old beater even if they are offered an outrageous amount of money for it.
jveik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #28
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Difference between the US and Italian market.

Even then you're just parroting a negative stereotype put out there by jealous sods.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #29
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Quote:
(thanks for ignoring my whole previous post)
was this for me?
ok, i'll address you're previous post if you crave attention so much.

Quote:
It just seems that there's so much fighting on the subject that facts get twisted and lost.
facts, by the nature of them, cannot be twisted or lost. If a fact is twisted, it is no longer fact. Certain things can be interpeted by looking at sets of facts but by the same token, anyone can look at certain facts and derive a meaning from them. This is where "real" arguments can arise. Of course, this does also imply that both parties should first look at the facts and then discuss what they see in them. If one of the parties simply doesn't know as much as the other, there is no argument or even debate. It'd be like a person talking to someone who can only say "because I said so"

Quote:
I like the corvette, you like the lambo, someone else likes a skyline and there's so much bias together that you'll forget what you're arguing about.
Bias infers that a particular obect is prefered over another. If all sides are biased then all sides will provide commentary that is slanted towards their own prefered object. Like before, if all parties are of equal knowledge, then the discussion as a whole will be even and readers can see for themselves the benefits and defecits of the brands despite the bias. Once again, like before, it is only when one side cannot give as much reasoning as the others when a certain bias seems to have a greater presence.

Quote:
Are we saying that supercars are too much money or are we saying the corvette should be built more like a lamborghini? Or are we saying that a lamborghini should be built like the corvette? What are we saying here?
I thought it was quite clear what was being discussed here; that being the value of Lamborghini's compared to cheaper cars.
i.e is a Lamborghini worth the asking price.
I only originally brought up the point of "cheaper US cars" because the original poster did so, hence my first post in this thread.
The questions you ask here mean have no relevance and do not relate to what is being discussed; any car can be inserted and the act of actually specifiying a car only serves to misdirect the discussion that is supposed to be focussing on one car.
Further more, anyone could ask; should a mini be built like a corvette or should a corvette be built like a mini?, thereby reducing the corvette as a comparable example, redundent and pointless, especially as a point of reference. Of course that would be unfair, which is where we bring back out old friend the Porsche 911 as comparisons. Quite simply there are very few cars that are built better than this thing; that is why it is used for comparisons for EVERY car that is even near its class/catagory. Everything from supercars like ferrari to japanese cult classics like the GT-R to performance salloons/coupes like the M3 gets compared to the 911 and most cars will lose.
To answer your badly chose rhetoric; none of the above.
A Lamborghini should be built like a 911 and if that day ever happens, everyone should be scared.

Quote:
The new corvette, viper, GT and back to the saleen, yeah that saleen. They're handling better then ever(historically) and gaining some serious power upgrades from factory(500-600hp), and whether this was intentional or not, they're competing with the supercar category, the italian sport cars and the german speed monsters.
Handling better than ever but still not on par with the european counterparts. No "have you driven one" arguments here please because this is the uninamous voice of numerous magazine contributors who have driven them. That is also ignoring the simple fact that "new and improved" doesn't mean much if the previous product wasn't that good in the first place. remember that saying about polishing a turd? Of course, I am not saying that any car mentioned here is a turd, merely pointing out the flaws in the things you say and how you present your argument.
I'm also not sure what relevance 500-600 from factory has here, especially when we are talking about cars with 7+ litre engines. What relevance does 500-600 hp when the cars of the same class, no matter what country they are from are doing the same anyway?

Quote:
I think the contraversy is over where exactly all the money goes to, power or safety? design or brand names?
I don't think there is any controversy.
I know where money goes into designing/building/marketing a car. On the other hand, I also know why some cars are cheaper? In the case of manufactured goods, cheaper is not always the best thing; any fool knows that. £2000 Rolex or £15 casio? Both tell the time but hey! The Casio has a whole host of other functions as well!

Read them.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #30
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Oh please. All these cars handle superbly. A zo6 set records around the nurburgring and the viper can only be argued to handle better. The ford GT is almost unquestionably a better handler than both. Other than "gotta have it" factor there is no real downfall to the american market at this time. This turd polishing shit is for ricers. This isn't a damn mustang or something we are talking about here. Lets come back to reality.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General