Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
paxmanhorn
AF Newbie

Safe places to jack up a Sol?

I promise I searched the forum for the answer to this one before I posted this, but it seems like such a basic question that I was surpirised I didn't find the answer already. I am wanting to know if there are better places to jack up my Sol besides the approved 'tire changing' jack points. I know the Sol is a unibody design, and I just want to be certain I don't destroy anything in my haste to get the car up on stands so I can get under it. I would like to simply jack it from some centrally located spot so that I can lower onto two jackstands at once. Thanks again for your patience with me, I've only recently been bitten by the bug of working on my own car. Looking forward to your helpful replies,

Carl in TX
paxmanhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Re: Safe places to jack up a Sol?

Up front: You'll see it if you look under the car. It's a spot on the radiator support that's reinforced. You'll know if you hit the wrong spot because your jack will go up but the car will stay down (don't worry, you're just bending plastic). The spot is off center, if you're looking at the car it's to the right, I believe.

In the back: Near the tow ring is a spot that you can jack the whole rear. As a warning, the car is VERY succeptible to sliding off, so I suggest you get the thing on jackstands as SOON as it clears them.

HOW TO POST PICS!
94SolGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

Re: Safe places to jack up a Sol?

also, anywhere on the frame will do.
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.
superbluecivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoYesterday Send a message via AIM to ImSoYesterday Send a message via MSN to ImSoYesterday Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoYesterday
I always set a jackstand up under the axle for some extra safety, so you can jack there as well.

TSS: Rockin' the Bitches' Faces.
B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.
DC Sport header: Ceramic coated, 4-2-1.
Custom headerback exhaust with disconnected muffler.
MSD Ignition system. (With Enkei wires)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/imsoyesterday
ImSoYesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
nn048039
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Safe places to jack up a Sol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94SolGrl
Up front: You'll see it if you look under the car. It's a spot on the radiator support that's reinforced. You'll know if you hit the wrong spot because your jack will go up but the car will stay down (don't worry, you're just bending plastic). The spot is off center, if you're looking at the car it's to the right, I believe.

In the back: Near the tow ring is a spot that you can jack the whole rear. As a warning, the car is VERY succeptible to sliding off, so I suggest you get the thing on jackstands as SOON as it clears them.
The owners manual shows the 2 tow points on the front and the 1 on the back as Jacking positions. I use them all the time. The one on the back will jack up the whole rear, but the one's on the front will only do one side at a time.
Email me at "grayjt@nnsy.navy.mil" and I can send you a PDF file of the 92-95 Civic Factory manual which is the same as the Del-Sol. Same engines, Jacking points, etc.
nn048039 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol