Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #76
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast
 
gonenuts15792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malone, New York
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Those statements show your ignorance....

Just out of interest, why the hell do you want to know?
__________________


gonenuts15792 is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #77
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit
 
drunken monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: london
Posts: 5,861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

ignorance?
let's see, america, the country which has a car industry partially kept afloat because of blind patriotism (and a totally fucked up credit situation)
america, the country that stubbornly refuses to agree to the kyoto agreement.
let's not forget that in part, i am actually only reiterating what you have said
(you are a GM fan, you don't care about the environment).

why do i want to know your age?
curiosity.

anyway.
this has gotten a little bit too far from the topic.
as a vague attempt to rescue the thread, let's have a simple yay/nay on whether you think this is a good car.

my view.

a big fat Nay!
drunken monkey is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #78
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast
 
gonenuts15792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malone, New York
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Oh so because I'm a GM Fan I don't care about the environment. Again shows your ignorance. I take it you think GM makes nothing but big gas guzzling SUVs and doesn't care about the Environment.

I do believe we call people like you tree huggers.

Patriotism plays no part in what I buy.
__________________


gonenuts15792 is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #79
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit
 
drunken monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: london
Posts: 5,861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

what makes me a tree hugger?
the fact that i simply know more about green issues than you?
isn't that we call ignorance?
drunken monkey is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 05:57 PM   #80
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast
 
Filthy Sanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fremont, California
Posts: 337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonenuts15792
Oh so because I'm a GM Fan I don't care about the environment. Again shows your ignorance. I take it you think GM makes nothing but big gas guzzling SUVs and doesn't care about the Environment.

I do believe we call people like you tree huggers.

Patriotism plays no part in what I buy.

Yeah those damned liberal tree huggers, always wanting clean air and water for their damned children! What's with that anyway! Toxins are our friends dammit and it's high time they learned that, unpatriotic, freedom lovin', democracy supportin' sons a b*thces!
Filthy Sanchez is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #81
kman10587
AF Enthusiast
 
kman10587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 2,872
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonenuts15792
Well then enlighten me. I'm not all that worried about the environment so green means nothing to me.
The next day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonenuts15792
Oh so because I'm a GM Fan I don't care about the environment.
So you're saying that the environment means nothing to you, but you're also suggesting that because you're a GM fan, you do care about the environment? Make up your mind and quit contradicting yourself. And don't act like GM isn't surviving solely on blind patriotism. GM has been losing money on their vehicles for a long time, and the only reason they're surviving is because of massive rebates, customer loyalty cash-back, incentives for financing with GM, and oh yeah, their goddamn trucks and SUVs, which aren't even all that impressive anymore when compared to the competition. I mean, you'd think that with over a decade to re-design their small pickup truck, GM would put out something truly impressive with the Chevy Colorado. Instead, we get sloppy build quality, a poorly designed interior, and a diminuitive five-cylinder engine. Their full-size trucks and SUVs are equally unimpressive, beat out by Toyota and Honda in terms of quality, Nissan in terms of athleticism, and BMW and Mercedes-Benz in terms of luxury. GM is putting out inferior product that only sells because it's so cheap, or because people that have been buying GM since the 60's (when the company was actually doing well) are afraid of change. If they don't shape up soon, they're going to die of old age, along with the majority of their client base.
__________________

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
kman10587 is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #82
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast
 
gonenuts15792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malone, New York
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

I'm going to enjoy what I drive. Me switching to a more fuel efficient vehicle doesn't mean anything. I guess I'm just not green, and I don't mind that.....

How about this, if you think switching to a more fuel efficient vehicle will help save part of the environment, you can do it for me. Instead of driving a more fuel efficient car, ride a bike, help out the environment for me...
__________________


gonenuts15792 is offline  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #83
Jaguar D-Type
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
I'd like to believe that 1st part about the Camaro type car I really would, only time will tell. When GM was asked about Mustang sales they said "We already have the Monte Carlo, in that niche and we think the Cobalt SS will help us as well in that segment!
The following is from autoweek.com 6/27/05

Regarding the Mustang, Jim Campbell, Chevrolet car marketing director, says: "I wake up every day knowing that I am spotting Ford 150,000 to 200,000 units.
Jaguar D-Type is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 04:04 AM   #84
kman10587
AF Enthusiast
 
kman10587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 2,872
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
How about this, if you think switching to a more fuel efficient vehicle will help save part of the environment, you can do it for me. Instead of driving a more fuel efficient car, ride a bike, help out the environment for me...
And that's exactly what the problem with this country is: nobody wants to do anything themselves. They expect God, or the president, or whoever the hell ever to do everyting for them. We're too scared of each other to work together, and that's no way to build a good society.
__________________

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
kman10587 is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #85
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast
 
gonenuts15792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malone, New York
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
The next day..



So you're saying that the environment means nothing to you, but you're also suggesting that because you're a GM fan, you do care about the environment? Make up your mind and quit contradicting yourself. And don't act like GM isn't surviving solely on blind patriotism. GM has been losing money on their vehicles for a long time, and the only reason they're surviving is because of massive rebates, customer loyalty cash-back, incentives for financing with GM, and oh yeah, their goddamn trucks and SUVs, which aren't even all that impressive anymore when compared to the competition. I mean, you'd think that with over a decade to re-design their small pickup truck, GM would put out something truly impressive with the Chevy Colorado. Instead, we get sloppy build quality, a poorly designed interior, and a diminuitive five-cylinder engine. Their full-size trucks and SUVs are equally unimpressive, beat out by Toyota and Honda in terms of quality, Nissan in terms of athleticism, and BMW and Mercedes-Benz in terms of luxury. GM is putting out inferior product that only sells because it's so cheap, or because people that have been buying GM since the 60's (when the company was actually doing well) are afraid of change. If they don't shape up soon, they're going to die of old age, along with the majority of their client base.

They aren't surviving on loyalty cash back, and obviously you have no idea about GM products what so ever when you're spouting about all the SUVs and trucks being beaten by toyota, nissan, mercedes(wtf the only SUVs they make are the biggest jokes around, same thing with BMW). The 5 cylinder gets better gas mileage and similiar torque and HP ratings of competitors V6 engines. Their SUVs and Trucks have better engines (higher torque ratings, higher HP ratings), the engines are some of the most highly respected in the industry, and the tundra and tacoma, and titan missed on all those points, and as I said before, if you think the tacoma and tundras interiors are more comfortable and nicer than a Ford or GMs interior you have a screw loose, same thing with their SUVs. They are smaller, less powerful, more expensive in some cases than comparable Ford or GM models, and to top it off they get worse gas mileage. Nope rebates and patriotism don't play as big of a part as you think, when you compare these vehicles side by side it's a fact you are getting more buying a Ford or GM than you are buying a toyota, nissan (missed it's sales mark but a wide margin), or those other jokes from BMW or Mercedes (while we're here, the SRX is considered the bench mark for all other luxury crossovers to follow, not those BMW and Mercedes ones). Nice try, go back to loving your gas sippng Camry ricer, and praying for the environment. Oh and research the upcoming GMT900 trucks and SUVs. Toyota is playing catchup trying to design competitors to 1995 GM trucks and SUVs and GMs moving ahead even more. toyota tundra texas edition, what a joke.


Oh and what I'm saying is, people (mainly import fanatics) seem to classify anyone with a GM, or Ford vehicle as people who don't care about the environment. No I don't care much about it, but that's not true for most other people who drive GM.
__________________


gonenuts15792 is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #86
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit
 
drunken monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: london
Posts: 5,861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

well, between the how-ever many billions lost in share prices, masses of job cuts and various sub-brands being stopped it doesn't actually sound like GM are doing that well.

and before one of the mods jumps in, this is an international forum.
to me, an american car is an import.
drunken monkey is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 02:22 PM   #87
Jaguar D-Type
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can we just close this thread?
Jaguar D-Type is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #88
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit
 
drunken monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: london
Posts: 5,861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

well, i tried to get it back on track but that guy insists on (blindly) praising GM despite the list of faults that people here have been presenting.

how about another try?

do you think the monte carlo is a good car?
my response would be that it, being a press release picture and hence may not be truely representative of the real thing, isn't looking too good.
drunken monkey is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #89
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast
 
BlackGT2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: pottstown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Nobody here is coming off as particularly insightful. Personally I liked the new colorado, I liked the larger size and styling over the S10 it replaced. I don't see how the same people can complain about the 5 cylinder motor and at the same time the environmental implications of americans love for high displacement power? I don't know what it is about some japanese car owners getting all self ritious, we are all using fossil fuels and any car with alot of power regardless of how it does it uses up lots of gas, lets not bring the environment into this or we are all guilty unless you drive the most fuel efficient car on the market. You didn't buy the car for its green appeal so don't talk like you care so much for everyone else and the planet because your car gets 5mpg more than the next guy. I do totally agree that the new monte has more power than it should up front, but the same thing goes for alot of japanese cars too. We have the new Eclipse with I think 260 HP to the front wheels, the Acura TL, and the Honda accord V6 off the top of my head . Personally the only ones who have it right are the BMWs and the Mercedes, all their family cars (although pricey) have RWD. The thing is, different strokes, different folks. If you go to a forum called cars I love and cars I hate, you should expect an argument, I can see no other reason to name a forum like that.
BlackGT2000 is offline  
Old 06-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #90
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast
 
Filthy Sanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fremont, California
Posts: 337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As far as the Monte Carlo goes, no I don't like it either.
Filthy Sanchez is offline  
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Bookmarks
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts